• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Larry's First 02 Project...Vancouver WA, USA!!!

bilbo2east

Update...I've stipped the car down to 4 wheels and the shell. There was some surface rust under the tar sound proofing but this cleaned up nicely with a wire brush attachment on my drill and Metal ready/POR-15. The truck repair looks good and with sound proofing sprayed over it this should look as good as new...kind of.

I am ready to turn the car over to my body man to sand, prime and paint (after a few dents, dings, and other details are taken care of. I will update with a few pics soon.

Larry Birkholz

Vancouver WA USA

'76 2002 Chaminox OH2COOL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I did most of the prep, stipping the car down to the shell and wheels and for final bodywork and paint I used Rob Porter in Battle Ground, WA. His company's name is Accurate Auto Body, but as far as I know he doesn't advertise but works soley by word of mouth. He wasn't cheep, but very through. If you are looking for someone and want to contact him email me at larryb@fcpi.com and I will get you his contact information.

Also, if you wanted to see his work before committing, I can show you mine, or refer you to other cars...mosty Corvettes...this was his first 02 paint job but it looks factory in color match, and better than factory in gloss and depth.

LB

Larry Birkholz

Vancouver WA USA

I did most of the prep, stipping the car down to the shell and wheels and for final bodywork and paint I used Rob Porter in Battle Ground, WA.

Looks great. When can I drop my car by your house? What's your turn around time? ;)

I'll give you a shout when I'm closer to that stage of things. For now, I need to get inertia-reel seat belts and a new center console.

Peder

Bozeman, MT
1971 Colorado Orange 2002

PEH_5055.jpeg

Very funny, when I said I did the pre myself, I didn't say I'd want to do it again, or I may end up a divorced man...

It took me a little over 5 months to get her this far and I'd bet that's more time than you'd feel is acceptible.

Larry Birkholz

Vancouver WA USA

Very funny, when I said I did the pre myself, I didn't say I'd want to do it again, or I may end up a divorced man...

It took me a little over 5 months to get her this far and I'd bet that's more time than you'd feel is acceptible.

Hehe. Nice work, nonetheless.

Peder

Bozeman, MT
1971 Colorado Orange 2002

PEH_5055.jpeg