• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

engines part 2

dapbmw

the motor on my 1502 is on it's last legs now as i think i od' it to 7400 and the rings gave up. 70 psi on all 4, so i'm putting this rebuilt mean motor in, 10:1, shrick 304, and stiffer valve springs, 48mm intakes and 39 mm exhaust valves, with a two branch big bore alpina header. marcus glarner did the the complete headwork, englarging the valve seats, stiffer springs, titanium retainers, porting the head, enlarging the cam saddles so the 304 will fit

hope to make it to lime rock with this motor installed.

post-373-1366756806527_thumb.jpg

post-373-13667568069052_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

$1200 in Canadian tire money? He is nuts. Even in 316 ss it shouldn't be that much...

Thanks for the pics and info. Any other shots would be great. I will one day try my hand at manufacturing one of those. Sweet curves and they look quite equal in lengths. Perfect for high cam engines I'm sure. Do you think it will improve the low end torque for your motor? P

More power!

• 1 month later...