• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swapped wheels and tires to my touring

InkaSteve

Switched the wheels and tires from my 2002 to my touring. (100+ wheels and 185/70/13 Bridgestones) Touring used to have stock wheels 5" front and 5 1/2" rear with 165/13 tires. Nice difference...what do you think?

Improved stance.

touringpics001.jpg

Before...

touring001.jpg

After...

touringpics002.jpg

another before...

touring003.jpg

after...

touringpics003.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

They both look nice, but I have to say that I too am partial to the steelies! As time moves on I am enjoying the "stock" look more and more.

Nice car!

-Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

I like the 5 1/2" steelies on the rear, but the 5" on the front sorta gives it that tiptoe look.

TOURING "TIPTOE" LOOK

touring005.jpg

Plus I just bought the new set of tires on the other car and wanted to use them without taking them off the wheels.

Just to add to the discussion, I also have 4 Ronal four-spoke rims that I am considering after I clean them up. They are just like the wheels on this blue Touring at FestWest last year. That is probably what I will end up with.

One good thing about this group....If you ask for an opinion...you will get lots of good ones... thanks

DSCN1273%20(Medium).JPG

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

They both look nice, but I have to say that I too am partial to the steelies! As time moves on I am enjoying the "stock" look more and more.

Nice car!

-Jason

I'm with Jason on that one. IMHO you can't get a better looking wheel for a Touring than the factory sport option.

yytour.gif

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

I LOVE the Octavo 100+ wheels...

I have a set (refinished in the original black/clearcoat) languishing in storage near Seattle.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Both look good but given the choice the Ronals get my vote.I have a soft spot for that wheel...

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

I think the turbines look cooler...I never liked the steelies that much, but I have the other steel rims on my 1970 2002 with the chrome hubcaps and new logos, and I think that looks hot. With your, I think the turbines match better with the car in general and just look cooler. And, the stance IS definitely better...

Thats just my God inspired opinion :) hehe

Cheers, Lance

...either way, nice cars man!

Lance Jones... my name

1970 BMW 2002 ...my car

www.myspace.com/lancejonesmusic ....my music