• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mobile Tradition - Real OEM

BimmerSooner

Maybe somebody can help me, I'm a little confused.

The website realoem.com.....very handy but they have prices associated with each part. Where are those prices from? You can't order on that site. Are those for ordering from BMW? Are they quoted from the Mobile Tradition catalog?

Speaking of Mobile Tradition: I've registered for their historic parts on-line catalog. But I find their site to be very confusing. It's very user-unfriendly to me. Obviously I'm overlooking something simple.

It look like Walloth and Nesch have the most comprehensive selection. Is that true?

Anybody have any experience with any of the above?

Thanks!

1972 2002tii

1999 323i

2005 X3 3.0

I have had the exact same experience with Mobile Tradition. I was told by a BMW factory rep at the recent Rolex Vintage event at Lime Rock that parts could be ordered on the site using part numbers he gave me. No Luck at all.

1972 3.0 cs, 1975 2002, 2002 M Roadster

2013 128i, 2013 X1

1965 Honda Trail 90

The Mobile Tradition website sucks indeed big time. I go to the oem website, get my part numbers (and an "indication" of the cost), shoot them over to Blunt and he gets back to me with the actual cost and the availability. He ships them right to your door. Ask that from your favorate BMW dealer...!

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

The Mobile Tradition website sucks indeed big time. I go to the oem website, get my part numbers (and an "indication" of the cost), shoot them over to Blunt and he gets back to me with the actual cost and the availability. He ships them right to your door. Ask that from your favorate BMW dealer...!

Dirk

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

I've found that realoem does a good job, but the prices are sometimes, well, always realoff.com. Imagine my surprise when I tried to order a 2bbl aircleaner unit I thought was $45, when it is now actually over $900 at the dealer. No kidding.

I use realoem to look up the part numbers and study the diagrams, sometimes I take this list to my dealer, and recently I took a chance on Bell BMW's (NJ) online part ordering system with rather good success. http://www.bmw-auto-parts-dealer.com/

If nothing else, looking up the part number on real oem, and checking it with http://www.bmw-auto-parts-dealer.com/ should give you the current list price. Bell was great one some prices, like a tool kit roll for about $45 when my dealer wanted almost $80 If your order is big enough, the discount they provide will more than pay for the shipping, which is about 20% - no matter what you buy.

I've tried to use, and wasted many-a-man-hours with the mobiletradition parts ordering system....I think it was designed for people on another planet--it makes no sense to me either.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Dirk

My local BMW dealer does do that.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

The MT site will not let you order parts, nor does it list any prices. It works almost exactly like RealOEM.com, it just takes a little effort to get it set up initially. The MT site does have some search features, supersede and usage info RealOEM does not. That said, RealOEM is easy to use, just ignore the prices.

Tony