• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you miss your old 02s?

do you miss 'em?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. do you miss 'em?

• miss 'em all
    • miss some of 'em
    • miss none of 'em

My 73 tii.  I had it mid 1990's for only a year then sold it.  Had the itch about 4 years ago to get another sports car but didn't

know what.  I ran across my old 2002 at a car show and tried to buy it back with no luck.

I realized I had to have another and that started a 18 month search to find the one I have now.

Out of all the cars out their 2002's are  my all time favorites.

IMG_3927.jpg

• Like 1

The one vehicle I miss the most, and biggest regret of all the ones that got away, was my Honda 750 Interceptor.  I was truly spiritually ‘one’ with that red & white machine… what a blast we had.

(never had prior 02s, and never will)

Tom

1034CB9B-DBE8-4DBC-A786-F990EE6B2062.jpeg

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

My first bike was a '94 VFR750.  Amazing motor, which I had no ability to appreciate because it was my first bike.

I don't really miss any of them, cars or bikes.  To be fair, I've had a lot of crap cars, but I'm fortunate enough now to just have what I want, which apparently is a crappy looking 2002, a second gen Taco, and a weirdo street supermoto / enduro moto.  And half a dozen bicycles, but that's a different problem.

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

9 hours ago, irdave said:

My first bike was a '94 VFR750.  Amazing motor, which I had no ability to appreciate because it was my first bike.

Nice ride for a first bike. Yeah, that was a sweet V4.

My first was a CX500, that I saved up to buy new working a wrench at the garage up the street while going to school. Got it after my Duster above was hit by a schoolbus. I rode that first bike everywhere - including to/from school all winter. It wasn’t about what’s under you as much as what’s out there then… If I had enough gas money, I’d be gone. 

I’ve tried to avoid crappy vehicles  - being more the get a good one and hold on to it type - but I’ve had my share, lol. And of what’s gone, there’s more that I can care less about than are my roadmark favorites. The few I’d want to do again.

Half dozen bikes, all yours?

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Hit by a school bus?  WTF?

I think there are still people out there that care more about what is going on versus which tools you're using.  It's one of the things I really like about the new 2002- it looks super ratty, which steers a lot of pretty people away.

And I did think of something I do miss about the tii- the damned clock.  New car has no clock.  So while I was ordering a full compliment of Speedhut gauges I ordered a little clock, too.  It's not the fancy mechanical thing the tii clock is, but that's ok- I really just want to know what time it is...  (I don't wear a watch or ring anymore from that one time I tried to blow my hand up with compressed nitrogen- yeah, no.  Try not to do that again, but it spooked me pretty hard.)

Yeah, N+1 < S, so really S-1 is the number.  :)   I was riding rigid steel, well, because, when my buddy got me a demo Orbea to ride- so 150 front, 140 rear, full carbon. Holy shit are new bikes nice. I'm a suspension guy, so it now has coil Ohlins F+R, with data acquisition, because why not?  :)  Road bike, but I don't like riding on the road anymore, original green Krampus, fat bike for snow, a fore mentioned FS bike, town bike, cargo bike I made to haul the dog...  I got 2 new ones on order, but neither will likely show until next year- the new Niner Jet v3 (rode the prototype last year, ordered one immediately), and the new Giant 150/140 bike- whichever that one is.  Got a friend at Niner, and my buddy that used to work at Orbea has moved over to Giant...

The wife had one crap mtn bike when I met her, she has at least 4 now?  Fancy carbon road, similar FS mtn bike, fat bike, really sweet town bike...  She's pretty good, I think I'll keep her.

I bought a frame jig a little while ago.  I made one bike years ago with very low budget tooling- my buddy's kid is still riding it.  I think it would be fun, and the bicycle, in general, is just so good...

Edited by irdave
Apparently I can't spell WTF correctly the first time.
  • Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.