• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The crazy hoot (touring) idles fine! (nt)

BillWilliams

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am afraid to wash my '02.

The paint comes off, everytime. It still is running OK, though.

I figure it serves no purpose to wash it since the damage from my accident back in February isn't repaired yet.

Maybe I WILL spray a little pimp juice on the tires. That'll bling out its natural beauty. (Just be careful if you "surface protect" the steering wheel and pedal pads!)

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

Bill,

Glad to hear of your victory over the kugelfischer...the car is terrific.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

bill

the car looks just magnificent! i wouldn't be surprised is bmw na would ask to park it next to their tii inka when they see it.

it's truly a gem on wheels.

and a great family project ;)

-dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! Touring rides in Herndon!! Just like the Isetta rides at V@V! But this time, Brad's driving!!! It's Dukes of Hazard time, Touring style!!! Yippee -- Thanks, Bill!!!

Also, as I just posted in the other thread, turns out I'm wrong -- I've since discovered that there is indeed, a plethora of guidance on how to clean properly, for that Concours-winning, white-glove look and ever-lasting shine. And moreover, on how to throw things out, once you're finished cleaning. Turns out, all I needed to do was to Google "The Anal Retentive Chef." Voila -- Here's what the Chef would advise (taking the liberty of substituting "mats" for "food" from the original SNL transcript):

"So, how do we clean? We take our bucket ... but, we don't want to get any caustic substances on the mats, of course. [places mats behind him] Place these neatly in the background - this floor will be cleaned later.

Okay, so we're ready to clean. [pulls up mop bucket] We've got our glove, to protect us - we don't want to ruin our manicure. And we've got a clean white cloth, and abrasive cleanser - none of that non-abrasive cleanser for us, it's good old-fashioned cleanser. That'll get us started, I think I'll clean these cabinets while I'm at it. And, oh! Look at this. Aluminum foil is filthy! I'm going to have to replace that. So, we might as well pull that up right now. I don't when I cleaned that up last, I'd hate to think. And, God knows what those mopboards look like. But! We start at the top, and clean down, so as not to drip ...

And how do we throw things out? Okay. We take our paper towel, two pieces, unbroken, lay it out neatly, dump the refuse inside, arranged neatly ... [assembles the garbage] ... let's take these little nasties we separated earlier, put that back ... fold over carefully, making sure the corners are square ... and ... we take a piece of aluminum foil, and we place our refuse onto the foil, and fold over very carefully - this way, it won't leak onto the other garbage. Aluminum foil is such a miracle product! It's really an extraordinary product. Alright, and then we take a brown, paper sandwich bag ... [opens bag] ...place the refuse inside ... [drops it in] ...and ... oh no, this bag is torn.. [looks around] Well ... no, that's alright. We'll just fold over, and no one will see. We'll fold it over twice to be careful ... then we get our tape. [grabs tape, which is naturally covered in a cozy] And, we tape it shut - be very careful to center the tape on the bag. I like to keep my tape dispenser right here on the counter. There we go! [holds up bag] All ready for the trash. Now that's some garbage you can live with! [laughs]."

Shucks, she is a pretty little thing. Great to hear it is running all good.

Needs a bit of lowering... but you will sort that out after some decent braking and accelerating in it! Get the boys and the missus and hit the open road in it... What do you have to do to get it registered?

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

I discovered tonight that the insides of the wheels are dirty from the few drives it has been on. (For Concours Dave's good)

The car is registered and licensed. I am waiting on a bracket to secure it to the car. I want to use a 1975 bracket with the US light brackets removed. It is on order.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5