• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

before and after

AndyS

Guest Anonymous

One thing to remember when starting a project is to start with a great doner car. Why spend a lot of time and money putting quarters etc into a chassis. This will save a lot of money and give you a better final product.

Yes those are DAPBMW flairs, kamia replica spoiler and rear bumper on the car. we had the body shop blended them into the body for a cleaner look.

I guess andy forgot all the hours I put into that car, sigh................ jk andy

Sam

LaValle's Import Restorations

Oak Ridge, NC

merlin_m3_racing (AT) yahoo.com note the 2 underscores

Not many left in the herd, hehe. a note about the super charged after vrs the before. The orginal idea was to use a 72 tii shell I had, paint it silver and all the trim was to go back on. I morphed into what you see in the after. Greg at the body shop "talked" me into the yellow. Greg talked me into no trim. The stripes are actual 2002 body colors. I don't know how many of you remember the before. I bought it out of Ga. It was an automatic,roundel on rear was on the left rear. It ran, barely. In fact my kids used to practice driving it around the house. It was solid underneath. the hood, trunk lid front fenders and drivers door all had to be replaced. I did like having a red 02 though...

the side skirts did require alot of work, I really wanted it to be flat sided. that didn't work out. The orginal car had alot of ugly mess where the trim would have gone. Extra holes, welded holes and it would have probably taken new body parts to get that to look right.