• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few pictures from the Ohio 02 gathering today

a54atii

Credit goes to Jim (Jim_75Sahara) for making this happen - thanks Jim! Fun, good food and a lot of 02 gab. Here are a few of the pictures that I took.

Lined up ready for inspection.

P9240122S.JPG

Some people will come a long way for these events. The longest distance driven award went to Kevin (KFunk).

P9240123S.JPG

Some very nice 02s.

P9240125S.JPG

A beautiful day and a wonderful location.

P9240117S.JPG

An even dozen.

P9240131S.JPG

Ready to roll out.

P9240134S.JPG

Again, thanks to Jim for coordinating the event and manning the grill. I had a lot of fun and look forward to doing it again next year. It was good to see some familiar faces and to have some new ones added to the mix. There were some great stories and a lot of 02 enthusiasm. Probably the best event I've been to this year. Thanks everyone!

Karl

'70 1600-2

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

Shoot Karl!! thought I might see an 1800ti!! getting the annual NYS inspection done on the 1969 2000 this week, a whopping 990 miles on her since this time last year. The guys where I take the 2000 for inspection love the car and I just wait on it, they are done within 15 minutes or so., will adjust the rear brakes while they have it for the inspection.

Tim

'69 2000

and leading the 40 mile drive thru the countryside respectively...and the drive went over lots of twisty roads and two 19th century covered bridges.

We had folks from Indianapolis, Northern KY and Hawaii (!) plus us local folks. Can't remember the last time we had a dozen 2002s all together around here.

Can't let all you CA, PNW, AR and mid Atlantic 02'ers have all the fun!

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Credit also goes to Karl for setting up a beautiful & fun drive through the countryside. I don't think I have ever been on most of those roads before. There is something magical about a line of 12 '02's blasting through the countryside together. I especially enjoyed the little kids playing in the yard that gathered by the roadside to wave at each car as it passed them by. Next year's goal is to have 15 cars! Thanks everyone for attending and allowing me to have such a good time. If anyone wants to come next year from (further) out of state, we'd love to have you. Thanks for everyone's help yesterday keeping things flowing smoothly. It was everything I was hoping that it would be. P.S. Thanks to Chad for bringing dozens & dozens of hot dogs, even though his car was down. Bring the 76 Chamonix next year, OK?

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Dave, you were there in spirit. We needed a Colorado car in the mix, too. Brian, where were you? I was sure you were gonna make it this time. It's part of the fun of having an '02. (I think Mike WAS counting you, as there was nobody else from N.KY there.) Paul was there from Hyde Park, but that's Cincinnati.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

i had a gig until 2 am the night before and i ended up having to play sunday early evening also. missing out on some of the fun stuff goes along with playing music for a living. but even if we have to do a mini-fest i want to meet up with you Mike sometime.

is Paul from Hyde Park on the board? i am about 10 minutes from him.

(o=00=o)

Thanks for postin the pics Karl, I can't believe I forgot my camera.

But yes, a big thanks to Jim for arranging things and even providing door prizes, I wasn't expecting that! But yes, I used my last Mahle/Mann oil filter in Oklahoma, and I had no idea where I as going to find another one. So thats a big help.

Thats the most 02s I've ever seen together, and I'll try to be back for any more events.

Oh, and pay no attention to the man that has to use a screwdriver to exit.... hehe. Something went goofy with my ignition switch around Tuba City, and now every once in a while the starter won't kick on until I use the trusty ole screwdriver.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I love that area this time of year. I'm originally from Franklin, OH. When I was in Boy Scouts 25 yrs ago, I hiked the Glen Helen trail up there in Yellow Springs. In my teens, I used to hike through the Clifton Gorge....back when you could get off the trail and climb the sides of the gorge.

Maybe next year I'll plan a trip up to see the family when you guys get together again.

OH YEAH! GO BENGALS ! ! ! !

Cheers,

Doug

'73tii Atlantik