• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is so cool...any artist ever sign your car??

InkaSteve

Replacing the broken Roundel on the back of my touring. When I got the old one off, I found this under it.

touring013.jpg

Someone....the original assembler, painter, maybe some other painter or mechanic, has signed and dated my touring.

Can't quite figure out the date, whether it is the assembly date 73?, repaint date 93 or 03? I don't know. But it is really cool to find out that someone was proud enough of their work to sign it.

Anyone else ever find something like this??

touring012.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I replaced my front Roundel on my Turbo with the correct old style raised one and found the same thing,someones signiture.My paint is original,so I would have to think it was done at the factory

1974 3.5 CSI {Possibly last car to come to the US}/ Jade Green/ Saddle Leather /Cover Car 1992 Roundel Magazine Numerous Awards/ Owned 35 Years

1973 TII  Matching #,s  Verona Red/Black

That's cool. Can't say that I've ever seen it on a car. But, I am in the middle of a ten-year restoration on my house. Whenever I take a room down to the studs, I sign something in the wall. Usually, it says, "If you're reading this, something went really, really, really wrong."

That is cool. the writing style and the way its dated sure look to be in the European style, maybe it was done at the factory, any way it shows someone thought your car was special

Marty

Don't worry about the world ending today,

Hell it's already tomorrow in Australia.