• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All my 02s under one roof - finally!

a54atii

The planets were finally aligned (or maybe it was the full moon) over the weekend and I was able to retrieve my '73 tii from hibernation in my mother's garage. It got tucked away three years ago when we were in the process of moving and expecting our third child. The car suffered a bit because of storage but nothing that isn't easily fixable. The biggest problem was cleaning all the glass from the broken back window. Apparently, the heat cycling from sitting near a window in the garage caused it to break. The only other problems were a blown fuse and a couple of wires nibbled on by the resident mouse. After taking care of those, it fired right up and ran like a champ on the 100 mile trip home. The (slightly) sad news is that it only took about 5 minutes of driving the '73 before I realized that the '70 will have to go. I have a few items to take care of on the '70 and then it will be for sale. But for now it will be fun to drive and compare the 02s before the weather turns cold.

Karl

'73 2002tii

'70 1600-2 for sale soon

?? 1600-2 mystery project

'65 1800TI

PA080142S.JPG

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

Thats great Karl, I didn't know you had the tii in hiding! Get it out and drive it! Next autocross is the 21st. :)

I'll do some advertising for the 1600-2 for you. Some of my friends drove mine at the autocross on Sunday, and they may be hooked, heheh. Mind if I give out your phone number?

They'd probably be interested in it to drop in a big motor of some sort and make it a track car, of course.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Niiiiice!

I have started drawing up plans for my dream garage.

I'll never be able to build it where we are right now, but I hope to take bits and pieces of my dream and incorporate them into my existing garage.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I really miss autoxing but it just doesn't seem to fit into the schedule anymore. Hopefully, I'll get back into it in a couple of years. I am going to put some miles on the '73 because its just such a nice car to drive.

The '70 would be a good car to drop in a bigger motor and have some fun with. Go ahead and pass along my info but you might mention that email is a little easier for me to deal with. And the best time to call is on the weekend. I'd be happy to give you a 'finders fee' cut of the proceeds. Anything that makes it easier for me makes me happy.

Karl

I don't have much of a garage. We're on our 3rd house, 3rd one w/a small one-car garage. I could convert the workshop into a mighty big garage, however. (Dayton area '02 hangout?) The city inspector need not know either!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Steve,

Check out The Garage Journal Board --> http://www.garagejournal.com/. It used to be called Garage Junkies and that pretty much sums up what its about. A lot of good stuff there. I have a long way to go on mine. We did the layout and design ourselves but had to make some compromises along the way. The builders are finished and now I will be doing the finish work as I have the time and money. IMO, there is no such thing as a garage that is too big, but this is certainly better than the 1-car garage in our old house. Good luck on creating your dream garage!

Karl

I'm thinking of asking in the $2700-2900 range. I have some new parts that I bought for it which I'm planning on including or putting on the car. Also, I may swap out the Recaros for some stock seats. Definitely some room for negotiation here.

Thanks for the offer on the glass. I have a spare that I picked up recently, so I should be set.

Karl