• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine bay mounted fuel pressure gauge

johnhup

Hey all. Im just putting together my final order for all my fuel plumbing and fittings and wanted to see what everyone else was running.

I am looking to mount a fuel pressure gauge inside the engine bay on the firewall but I am not sure what kind to run. It has to be analog and screw into a 1/8 NPT and thats really all the requirements I have. Should I get liquid filled or dont bother? Any thoughts?

forum-sig.gif

I used an Earl's adapter between the AN fitting on the fuel input and the fuel rail, and used and Earl's (I think) liquid filled gauge. It works great, but is a bit expensive, maybe 25 for the AN fitting and 50 or so for the gauge.

Good luck.

This is not a 2002-specific solution... Mine is on a VW Corrado, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work for you.

IMG_0122.jpg

The gauge is from Summit Racing. The fitting is from 42 Draft Designs

It'll work with 5/16" fuel tubing. You might want to go with a lower pressure gauge for a carburated system. The one pictured is a 100PSI gauge.

Installed it looks like this:

IMG_0127.jpg

Hope that is of some help. I'm an 02 Newb, but thought I'd pitch in.

Pete