• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seattle - '02s !!

eastsidebimmer

Hi All, I'm in Seattle for a few days for work and absolutely love the automotive climate here. In my first afternoon yesterday I saw 2 squarelights and several old Fivers including a sweet E12, too many E30s to count and many more vintage VWs, Volvos, Mercs. etc. Coming from the rust belt, this is second to heaven for me.

While I'm here, is there anything I shouldn't miss -- Best restaurant, scenic drive, favorite place? I have a car to get around, albeit a Ford Escape.

Thanks!

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

bad timing with the weather, we've had a pretty mellow fall. There are all the seattle tourist sites, pikes place, experience music project. I'm actaully going to seattle saturday to see the UW soccor game vs San Diego.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

The VW community up there is awesome. They're everywhere.

When you walk along the waterfront, take a ride out and back on one of the ferries. It's like five bucks if you're a foot passenger, some cheap thrills and a great view of the city from offshore. Also fun at night.

1974 2002

Mit rost

2001 325i

You could just drive out I-90 to the Snoqualmie Pass area. I can't think of anything too interesting in the city. The weather is supposed to improve for the weekend. I don't know how much time you have, but a drive to anywhere around Mt. Rainier would also be great. I would recommend Chinook Pass. Just take Hwy 410 out of Enumclaw.

You should be able to get to Snoqualmie Pass in under an hour. Chinook Pass is probably more like two hours (one way guesstimate).