• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ronals on the car..very happy with results..

InkaSteve

Finished cleaning and painting the Ronal wheels. Found proper lug nuts. Little apprehensive about how they would look on the car, but that was unnecessary. They look great, much improvement.

Before cleaning and painting

touring010.jpg

After cleaning and painting

ronal003.jpg

Before (with the steel wheels)

touring003.jpg

Before (with the 100+ wheels)

touringpics003.jpg

After ( with the Ronals)

ronal002.jpg

Through fooling around....I am happy with it now.

Now for the risky part.....What do you think? I know you won't hesitate to tell me.

ronal001.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Have you thought about painting the drums behind the rear wheels flat black - A while ago I put new alloys on my 02 and I hated that I could see the rust on the drums through my new shiny wheeels -

just my o2 sense

beautiful car!

You are right, I noticed that right away. Couldn't see them through the other wheels. I think the flash makes it more noticeable. Do they need high temp paint or will any paint do? I think I need to do the rusty part of the fronts too.

And Craig....I know that you are charitible enough that you would "allow" them to ride on your car, no matter how "crappy" they look. Sorry, no way.. Here are a couple of wheels about your speed....j/k See ya on Highway 33

Bimmerfest06093w.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

the wheels look very nice, they almost transform the touring, from plain Jane to Jane .......(oops new chicks don't use that name anymore!), but really they came out very nice!

I am thinking that with (2) Inkas, your board name should be Inka to the second Power!

I can't wait to check it out in person, we really need a mid point in CA where we can all meet, it really doesn't have to be even "organized"!

FAQ Member # 91

Thanks Guys..

Finally got to see them in the daylight this morning. They are really, really "purdy", and the brake drum not as noticeable, but still on my "to-do" list. They do "finish" the car. Now where did I see those driving lights?

Summary of what I did: (I could of done better, but I am impatient)

1. Scrubbed the "heck" out of them. 2. Hit them with a green "Scotch" abrasive pad. 3. Sprayed with Krylon Dull Aluminum (2 cans total) 4. Finished with Krylon clear gloss (3 - 4 coats)

You can spend a lot more time on each step if you want, but I don't have that much time and would rather drive the car than dink around with it.

LUG NUTS..These wheels require a different type of lugnuts than the tapered stock ones. After polling you guys, searching the internet, and dropping in on a couple tire stores, I found just what I needed at the local NAPA store right across the street. They are 12 x 1.5 (thread) "Mag-type" Short (part #735-2555) 4 to a box @ $9.67. Then, over to COSTCO where the swapped and balanced all of them for $10 per wheel.

Now I need to get some work done instead of staring out the window admiring my car.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

the wheels look very nice, they almost transform the touring, from plain Jane to Jane .......(oops new chicks don't use that name anymore!), but really they came out very nice!

I am thinking that with (2) Inkas, your board name should be Inka to the second Power!

I can't wait to check it out in person, we really need a mid point in CA where we can all meet, it really doesn't have to be even "organized"!

key off-line discussion about setting up a low-key, non or barely organized "north-south" get together in the Cambria area next spring or fall that would include all mid-70's and earlier cars ('02s, E3, E9, Neu Klasse, etc).

Don't know if it's still happening on a regular basis or not, but the 356 Porsche guys had a very successful annual gathering in the Morro Bay area for a long time - good central location, not TOO far from either SoCal or the Bay Area / Sacramento.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

key off-line discussion about setting up a low-key, non or barely organized "north-south" get together in the Cambria area next spring or fall that would include all mid-70's and earlier cars ('02s, E3, E9, Neu Klasse, etc).

Keep me in mind, sounds like a great idea, Cambria is a fun place to weekend, spouses included.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

I got a set on my car.

Do you have the original alloy lugs? I only have half of them and I'm stll looking for the rest. Where did you get the lugs ?

Slavs

Didn't get any with my wheels.

(from a previous post) LUG NUTS..These wheels require a different type of lugnuts than the tapered stock ones. After polling you guys, searching the internet, and dropping in on a couple tire stores, I found just what I needed at the local NAPA store right across the street. They are 12 x 1.5 (thread) "Mag-type" Short (part #735-2555) 4 to a box @ $9.67. Then, over to COSTCO where the swapped and balanced all of them for $10 per wheel.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Sorry, no I didn't weigh them. Didn't think about it. I bet some of these guys that posted to this thread have some in their garage without tires on them.

How about it guys, drag one up to the bathroom scale for Ray.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg