• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will a bmw e21 steering wheel boss fit on a 02?

jamesnutter50

Guest bruno74tii

you have to remove the contact ring from the 320 hub, and insert a horn contact plunger into the hub, wiring that to the terminal on the back of the horn button in place of the contact ring lead.

Momo hubs for an 02 are around. I have one for a 320i and an older style 02 one. The newer ones have a collapsible section for safety in a collision, but the older style is solid aluminum. If safety is your concern, get the newer style. I thought I had a newer style one for an 02, but I just looked at couldn't find it, so maybe there isn't one. If you aren't that concerened about hitting your wheel in a collision, and want a more period correct look, get the solid aluminum one. I'd shop around on ebay, or in wrecking yards. You could post a wanted ad here for one too.

BTW, if you get whacked in an 02, I think you are going to have more to worry about than hitting your steering wheel. A pickup truck rear-ended me at about 50mph, and I didn't come close to touching the wheel. My injuries came from the poorly padded stock 02 seat. Mind you, if you rear-end someone, it might be different?

Gil

73 02

• 12 years later...

Wow- nice update!  When the original was posted, I still had hair, was skinny, drove fast, and looked good in leather...

not.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL