• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bimmer December 2006- 2002 tii

jgmgti

BMW Builds a 2002 tii.Decent article on the M.T. build up.page93-98.

No real "meat" in the 6 page article but it is nice to see the tii again.

IMO validation of the effort and expense BMW went through to keep the

cult alive.

Validation that my expense and efforts are worth it.

All I need to do is go for a run in my 72 tii and I come back ,feeling

good..........Interested in faqers opinions of the piece

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

I like the choice of color. Thought it was interesting that the had to modify a "squarie" body shell into a "roundie". Noticed that they painted or undercoated the bottom and wheel wells black, including beneath the rocker strip.(a look that I like) The article really makes me appreciate all the work that the previous owners have done on my car.

Now it they had only found an unused "Touring" body it would have been perfect. :)th_hwy3306027.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Great touring you have...I want your wheels.

Agreed on color choice etc.I also appreciate the article mentions

someof the things that are not 100% Kosher.

The mention of the flaws that are evident in this re-creation.

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

10-8-06tii005.jpg

OK..hella lights and I'll throw in 1dz.mini burgers from our bar Carpool.

and an un-needed gratuitus photo of my old skool previous toy 78 Euro GTI 2 litre cis 128 w.h.p.134 tq leather Recaros koni coilovers kirk rollbar early small tailight british racing green 14x7.5 Revolutions Toyo t1s 195-45-14 front swaybar delete.Totaled Dec.2005

12-31-041978004.jpg

To stay on topic with the thread, this is the paragraph that I liked in the article:

"On the flip side, all the quirks that were common to cars of the early 1970's are still apparent here. It takes quite a few moments of cranking the ignition before the mechanical injection sputtters to life, especially once the engine is completely warmed up. A howl of wind noise enters the cabin around the A-pillars at speed. The shift lever vibrates incessently, making an awful buzzing noise."

All that time and money, and it still has all the quirks our 30 year old cars have.

Now back to the Mutual Inka Admiration Society...

I think your wheels look spectacular on your car. Were you in the GTI when it was totalled?

Here is my recent side view: ronal007.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Yes I was,a Dodge Dakota,again an SUV ran a stop sign and I was the

lucky one who broadsided him at 30mph.

The impact broke my sternum in 3 places and other assort aches and

pains were the result.

On Topic.The BMW 2002 is a much better built vehicle and I'm confident

that I'm safer in it.

Jonathan

Bill,

The touring looks magnificent as usual....an inspiration and benchmark of a restoration.

Jonathan

Len

Making friends the faq way..are you?

Just having a little fun...

My house is smaller than Steve's.

Yeah, but it is hell cleaning those bell towers. Maybe Len wants a job there, so he too can afford an orange car. You know he is jealous.

Yes, Len, we are attention seeking men. Why else would we drive orange cars. We would like to offer you a honorary membership in ASCOCAS (Attention Seeking Clean Orange Car Admiration Society) The only requirement is a sense of humor.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg