• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You might be an 02 nerd if:

dubois

youve almost wrecked an 02 trying to look at another 02

..and nearly wrecked all the other cars you've owned.

it seems it doesnt matter what condition it's in. i'll break my neck if it's going the opposite direction, and drive alongside-slightly to the rear and gawk go 'woooow' until one of us gets off the freeway. ok, that's bs.. i'll usually follow until they enter a garage, fence, or security check-point.

o god, ive hit rock bottom

-your friends take pictures of 02s on the road with their camera phones and send them to you w/freeway location.

..and I also do not own a BMW 2002.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When watching a 70's / early 80's movie, you spend more time looking at all the cars in the background for an 02 than actually watching the movie..

Off the top of your head, you can list more than 10 movies that star the 2002.

At this very moment, you're trying to list 10 movies that star an 02...

Life's a garden baby, dig it.

My web album

75 Fjord

73 RHD Targa

You have made note in the margins on where Haynes in incorrect, or where a year specific trait is overlooked

OR

You have specifically taken a German language course (or 6...guilty) specifically to better understand the Workshop manual in its native language.

Jon

When watching a 70's / early 80's movie, you spend more time looking at all the cars in the background for an 02 than actually watching the movie.....

This is very scary, how did you know???

Thanks Dubois, for another great thread that takes us back to why we frequent this board. Are we sick? or what?

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

When watching a 70's / early 80's movie, you spend more time looking at all the cars in the background for an 02 than actually watching the movie..

LOL

–You've gone out or your way driving so that you could follow, or drive by a new '02.

–You meet a new 2002 owner in a parking lot, and after talking to them for a minute or two, realize that they are not 1/2 as nutty about their '02 as you.

–Have multiple 10, 13, and 17mm wrenches specifically for your '02 or have fashioned your own repair tool, because you couldn't or wouldn't buy it from the store.

–Have cursed the engineers for design anomolies on the '02 (brake linkage pin, shifter C clip, rear brake adjuster, etc.)

–Have put your mouth on a car part (Suck/blow on vacuum line, booster hose, check valve, gas line, etc.)

–Look at other cars and think about what parts would fit on an '02.

–You've driven another car with a 5spd and left it in 4th, thinking the high rpms were normal on the highway.

–You've cursed the lack of visibility an other cars compared to your '02.

–You have a cut or bruise from of a recent repair on your '02.

–You've made a "while I'm in there" repair on your '02.

'71 colorado 2002

-When you finally see one on a movie or tv show, you call into the room all your family so that they can also see it. Which perpetuates their opinion of you as being a nutcase.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

You've driven another car with a 5spd and left it in 4th, thinking the high rpms were normal on the highway.

man, i'm guilty of this. I leave my 325i in 4th on the interstate all the time...

Another one:

If you currently know of where you can purchase at least 2 more 2002's should the extra income become available.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

-you will go so far as to call on and go look at other '02's you find for sale knowing full well that you can't buy it but you never know, it might be a ti or alpina and the owner doesn't know it.

-you secretly hope to have a barn find

-you hide or attempt to conceal the source of new parts "no mom i did not spend all my money on that part" of course not on just one part, there are at least 3 or 4 other parts stashed around. Besides you partially traded for them anyways

1970-resto/mod =money drain

1973 Charmonix, mhh clean

GO COUGS

....your screen saver is full of '02's, not your kids or your wife!

....you have a secret slush fund for '02 parts.

....you are tracking down '02's or shops that work on '02's while you're on your family vacation.

....you're annoyed when people don't know that the '02 saved BMW -- status-seekers never know or care!!

......you're pissed that your dad didn't either give you his '02 or make you one hell of a deal on it back in the late 70's!!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz