• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was just wondering for those of you have. . .

G

it still makes me nervous to drive it 8 years later.

(it's held up well, too)

Jenn doesn't have that problem, so she uses it as a d-d. She actually prefers it in cruddy weather, because it handles better! Lots of 3M Rust-fighter- 1 in the resto seems to be working, so far.

No rust- throughs yet, which is pretty surprising, considering it wasn't completely clean when I started.

I'm not planning on any more completes- it's a lot more satisfying for me to fix 'em as I go.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THese pics were taken in 1993, the year I bought my car.

At the time it was the only car I owned. (and still is)

It was a blast to drive in the winter...a set of Nokia Hakkapolitas, 75lb. of sand in the trunk between the shock towers and it was ready to go.

For those poor buggers who've never experienced it, there's nothing like a fresh snowfall to hone your skills.

The "Drifters" of today are only doing what drivers in cold climates do on a daily basis. (albeit, without the snow)

PS. I no longer drive my '02 in the winter...but sure do miss it.

post-1307-13667570841079_thumb.jpg

post-1307-13667570843155_thumb.jpg

exactly what is "Rain"?
Rain would be that wet stuff that falls from the sky that fills up Nor-Cal lakes so we can provide water to So-Cal water mooches like yourself. but back to the thread. My house was built when cars were not that popular (1850's), so I have no garage. my car sits outside getting wet driven or not. I would rather drive it in the rain, than not drive it at all.

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

Guest Anonymous

...unless it's acid rain. Molly lives outside under a cover, so she's used to being wet. I just keep her waxed. She was painted 9 years ago and still looks as good as new. Besides, I love driving in the rain...

Snow and salt are a different story, of course. That's why I've got Elmo.

David Roach

"Molly" (Inka 1973 2002)

"Elmo" (Diamondschwartz 1991 325ix)

When I bought my Tii, it was meant to be used as a weekend car. It is now my daily driver. I do get nervous when someone is driving to close behind me, so I drive defensively. Sometimes :) I also dont have any car payments. Our cars are just so so fun to drive. Who can resist?

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti