• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A good indication of things to come

Cruzr

I was keeping track of this one... I'm sure that aside from the "rarity" of the tii the unmolested condition of the car contributed to the high bid. I'm glad I got mine for a "reasonable" price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250046826138&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

Its a vapor chamber thats hooked up to the gas tank vapor line. I believe its part of US Emissions crap, which is probably why you wouldn't see one in Australia.

Most people in the states throw them out when they cut rear speakers in the hat shelf.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Mine still has that little box in the trunk but I have not thought about removing it because I have et to think about putting speakers in the shelf.

Those pictures indicate a very clean tii. I was surprised at the $17,000 selling price taking into consideration it needs a paint job. But then again it is advertised as a clean unmolested low milage car. Hey price is only relative to the buyers perception of value. And I bet there is one happy new owner of what looks to be an awesome tii.

Thats a cool color on top of it all.

John

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.

Looks like a fair price for the apparent excellent condition....I'd like to see the underbody though before paying that much. And what's up with no VIN???? I'd definitely want tii authenticity before paying $17k for a tii (or any '02 for that matter).

I love most '02 colors, but that one leaves me cold..in person it's probably much nicer looking...just looks like plain old "gold" to me. :-)

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

What is that box under there for? I have never seen one like that...

Todd,

Doug has one on his car. He explained it to me and it was pretty much what H Krix said :-) Not sure if it was just US models though...

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I love most '02 colors, but that one leaves me cold..in person it's probably much nicer looking...just looks like plain old "gold" to me. :-)

John

i wasn't much of a fan of Ceylon, but the more i look at it the more i really like it somehow. don't know if i'd like is as much on a POS. maybe that car would look fine in any color.

still can't ever see why 02's were ever painted Sienabraun or Schwartz. they seem so wrong.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

and costs nothing. It collects gas vapors and even liquid from an overfilled tank and returns them to the gas tank rather than to the air you breath. I wouldn't characterize it as "crap".

The moron who installed rear deck speakers in my '72 took it off and let it hang by its hoses. That was a crap move, as it led to gas vapors in my trunk.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

Jerry:

You're probably right...I'm such an '02 addict I'm sure I'd probably fall in love with Ceylon if I saw a nice example in person...the pics probably didn't do it justice...looks like a nice car...but that's still alot of money for a car needing repainting. I'd have to see it up close before spending that kind of money.

But, like Robert said, this means our cars are gaining in value...maybe that's good, maybe not...means I can't have any more! :-(

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"