• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turbo and Touring Tii survivors

Swiss02

Hello!

Proud owner of a 72 Touring Tii sportpaket and a 74 Turbo, I am trying to find as much information as possible on survivors of those two great 02s.

None of them was officially imported in the US but I am really surprised of the number of them actually in the States.

Some seems to be there since many years though (obviously gray market cars and of course recent imports).

I am trying to run a register with all known survivors; I have 130 Turbos worldwide and around 30 Tii Touring on my list and still trying to locate some more.

I guess around 400 Turbos are still around but can’t put a figure yet on the Tii Touring.

So I hope you guys can help me, I would be really happy to find some new VINs, in the States or elsewhere, and I can also give info from my census if any interested.

In the US, I have 25 Turbo VINs and 9 Tii Touring but I guess there must be some more around.

I am especially interested by the VIN, original color, import date, country of origin and all specifications of the car. Any photo always welcome. 

More specific to the Tii Touring “sportpaket” (special version fully loaded including recaros), I know 9 survivors including .. 4 in the US.

Edited by Swiss02

1600 (66) - 2002 Turbo (74) - 2000Tii Touring sportpaket (72) - 3.3Li (75) #3090002 

Great number plates you have on those cars Francois. I've got an injected Touring, but I'm afraid it's not an original Tii. There used to be a white one down the road from me (in Colle sur Loup, Alpes Maritimes, France), but it's not been about for a while.

Les Cartwright will hopefully chime in - he's got a register of the known Tourings in North America, I'll email you the copy he last sent me.

Good luck, Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Hello Francois,

I have emailed you my lists.

There are 40 Tourings in the US that I know of, and i'm sure there are a few more around.

Let me know if I can help more

Best Regards

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Now if your quest includes "lowly" 1802's, here is mine. Les's list has many of the details.

ronal007.jpg

Here are four of the Southern California Tourings:

hwy3306016.jpg

hwy3306019.jpg

hwy3306020.jpg

hwy3306027.jpg

And some of the Northern California Tourings:

PaloAlto06039.jpg

P9170251.jpg

By the way, I loved that picture with the MT 2006 tii.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

There is at least one Tii Touring from which we will never have the VIN. There was one very nice Touring Tii with amazing sport seats and perfect white piping in Montreal about 14 years ago. It stayed in a back alley, without moving, ever, for 3 years (and three long winters). Many times I expressed the owner my desire to buy the car before it turns into a pile of rust. Finally, the car got towed away and crushed, with the sport leather interior... Never ever in my life I came across another original/vintage sport interior like that.

Many evenings, I would have liked to steal the seats, but thought it was not right. Yeah sure. I still kick myself for not "preserving" those seats.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Thanks, Tom

No, can't make the drive...out of town that weekend.

Francois, sorry for the hijack...to stay on topic...Tom's '72 2000tii Touring is the 1st polaris touring in my pics with the factory alloys and sportpaket.

I've attached pictures of 4 California Turbos at Bimmerfest 2006

post-85-13667571195627_thumb.jpg

post-85-13667571197869_thumb.jpg

post-85-1366757120037_thumb.jpg

post-85-13667571202891_thumb.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

There are 53 turbos in the states. More come in all the time so the #s could even be a little higher. I run the registry in the US and have been following turbos in the states for 15+ years. Always looking to have accurate count of the cars here in the states.

Sean Casey

2002 turbo #631

Sean Casey

http://www.caseymotorsports.com

72 2002tii Malaga

74 2002 Turbo Polaris