• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just had a wild thought-we should have a 2002 FAQ gathering

02fanatic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill: I didn't mean to "bag the local events" in a negative way....it just takes a whole lot of effort (as you & I know) organizing an event, so I was thinking that those with the experience to organize an event could consider assisting with one huge central event instead of their own for one year....

As an alternate, if nothing else, maybe we could focus on "two separate 2002FAQ events", on each side of the country...and shoot for at least 250 to 300 cars each. That may be more practical from a travel time standpoint.

For the east coast Spartanburg, SC is a no brainer...that would be a great place to gather...Yes, 02-02-02 was great...and we should do it again!

Let's think on it more over the Holidays....seriously!

Happy '02ing (stay ahead of the salt trucks!!!)

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

02-02-02 was spectacular. If i remember, the 2002se (SouthEast) group had a large hand in it, but I dont think they're around anymore. Anyone remember Adam and Minsoo, the 2 guys with the orange roundies in the center of the field? I think they had a bit to do with it.

I'd totally be up for another event like that, provided the driving distance from Atlanta wasn't in the bajillions.

The red arrow is where My car was...

02-02-02(me).jpg

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Somewhere like colorado, would be perfect. Middle of the country, beutiful scenery, and lots of nice twisty mountain roads.

And everyone with carbs messing around the whole time! :)

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Does V @ V have enough space for 250-300 cars? From what I've seen that might get a bit cramped. Of course I haven't been there, so I'm not a good judge.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I'm for the whole deal...any '02er who knows me knows I'll be at any event I can time permitting...Distance isn't that big a deal. But, realistically for the desired level of attendance this thing needs to be planned for well in advance because many events for '07 are already heavily planned and paid for. For example in 2007 I'll be at "Der Krewe of '02" Shreveport, LA Mardis Gras, I'll be at Mid-America Fest near home here in AR. I'll be at V@V in NC, Windy City Vintage Day in IL, and I'll be at Watkins Glen in NY.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Ditto your thoughts, Skip. I like all of the events, but I can't do them all. It's a great dilemna to have.... TOO many events, TOO many 02's! So, keep brainstorming guys, no complaints here.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

This should be planned WELL in advance just to give all of us the opportunity to clear our calander for the event.

That would be a hoot to have it smack-dab in Kansas. There should be no complaints then about who had to travel further.

Woodstock????

Well, as Country Joe said, "Give me and F!",

then it would be give me an A followed by a Q.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes