• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just had a wild thought-we should have a 2002 FAQ gathering

02fanatic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but realistically, the chances of uniting both coast in a huge 02 event are slim to none. Most 02 owners would not drive 1000 miles, some exceptions noted. I am thinking like an engineer here. What would be the best scenario, where people from all over the board attend a single event? I would think it would be easier to choose the midwest and have the east, south drive and the west coast fly in. I have always thought California to be far removed from the rest of the world, so I would think that Chicago, or Cincinnati would be a great place to have an event, and a great excuse for a family vacation.

We can also develop a list of 2 car owners that could be willing to have someone from the West coast drive their second car to the event. That person could fly in to Atlanta, for example, drive the second 02 to Cincinnati or Chicago. And similarly if we held it elsewhere, like Hollister!

FAQ Member # 91

I am down for an event such as this. I think it would be great!! Maybe we should start a list of people that would be interested and see where everyone lives and work out place that would work out the best for the most people.....

Could have it as a sticky on the board.....

I havn't been able to make a dedicated 02 event yet....now that I have summers off(being a school teacher has its perks) I can do this.

jake

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

I still think a middle of the nation event would draw people if the venue was marketed correctly. I would love to make it to V@V but there is realistically no way I could or many other people in the PNW could. The idea the west coast people flying in gets a thumbs down from me. It is a gtg, who doesn't want to have their own car at a gtg.

1970-resto/mod =money drain

1973 Charmonix, mhh clean

GO COUGS

I hear the roads are out of this world to drive.

What about hotels and eating places?

Is there a hotel or conference center where 200-300 cars can park and the owners act stupid for two or three days?

Do you suggest June or September?

Does this mess up any of your regularly schedule trips?

I like the idea of Kansas City or Eureka Springs.

I like many, have to choose a few events to do during the year. If this goes off, I will do VinV and this one and have to abort the Watkins Glenn event as we previously discussed, unless my boat comes in and I am not at the airport!

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

i am down. by that time ill have my car done and be itching for a drive. id travel as far as either coast i imagine but it would be nice to have a centrally located venue to try and get a nice diverse turn out.

id also volunteer if help is needed planning

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Do we have a working timeframe sorted for this yet, or at least any month in mind?

My engine will be going in before the end of January, and i'm hoping to hit the road by late February. Here's hoping I can drive to the event!

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

We'll want to contact Bo Black regarding potential for a huge gathering in Eureka Springs. He's the Mid-America 2002 Fest organizer (as you already know) and knows loads about the potential sites in the area and their imitations (maybe he'll chime in here if he reads this) The Corvette, Mustang, and VW clubs in Arkansas and surrounding areas come to Eureka Springs with large numbers of cars but I'm not sure where they congregate. I agree that KC,MO would be great also.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

please send me or John Weese and email, hope that is ok John.

Then we can get together on a call and sort out the possibilities.

Leanings so far are eithe Kansas City with a drive into Arkansas of doing the complete event in Eureka Springs Arkansas.

Labor Day weekend, first Monday in September is always labor day, is shaping up to be a likely date. This keeps many of you from having to take extra days off from work.

FAQ member #5

Hey Bill just a reminder...the Watkins Glen event is the weekend after Labor day... I know you had mentioned going there. I'm planning on going there myself.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

choose either another date for the National gathering or bag Watkins Glenn in 2007. Do you have a preference?

The "nationals", sounds like a drag race, may need to be over a three day weekend so folks can limit taking time off from work. If it is not labor day, is there another three day weekend suitable?

FAQ member #5