• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid-Atlantic owners, who is still driving their cars?

Cruzr

I've been driving my 73 Verona daily for the last month or so. Waiting for the first salt spreader to hit the road before hibernating. Love the drive in cold weather, although the heater leaves a lot to be desired. HarryPR, how's your heater working in the "cold" PR weather?

Anybody up for a drive this weekend?

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

Robert,

If I wasn't commuting an hour each way daily I'd be driving "Malaga" daily (like in my old job)....I'll be driving one of the '02s over the holiday. My son Justin will be home from Ohio and we'll be bumming around!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Hi Robert,

Its been a while, I hope all is well!

I drove mine daily for most of the summer and into the fall. I actually was using it to go to school (Newark) for the first couple of weeks this year. It was 80mph or so up the GSP for the better part of an hour each way, daily. I loved every minute of it and so did the 02.

The car has been in the garage for the past few weeks, while I've been doing a lot of the little "jobs" that I had been saving for a rainy day. I think I'm going to pull it out for the holiday though. The heat is crap but I still get that warm feeling driving it ;)

Greg

1974 BMW 2002

(Custom Performance Innovations LLC)

greg@klipking.com

for now. Dayton had a heavy dusting of snow Monday--just on grass, cars etc and they actually got out the salt trucks! Drove the E30 yesterday.

But roads are dry this morning and dry conditions predicted thru the weekend...so Ludwig is back to daily duty...I figure on another couple of weeks before some serious snow really brings out the salt. Sometimes we go 'till after New Years, but I've gotta get my suspension bushing job done this winter sometime before the garage gets unbearably cold...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Still driving my white and rust '74 Terbo wanna-be to work everyday, 40 miles one way. It's a tad nippy with the cooler thermostat and air leaks.

Takes a bit for things to defrost.

I hope to put it inside for the winter soon as my '82 320i is running.

It's only 6 months to VinV!

Need to use the time to prepare the '74.(At least, kill enough tin worms to put some paint on it.)

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

I'm still driving my 1970 roundie. After this weekend, its going in for a "mini-restor." Frame rail repair and rust cut out for the floor, new strut towers and a new transmission are the main objectives.

Depending on my budget, I might get install the head liner that I got with the car and some other cosmetic work. Then the car will probably be put away for the rest of the winter.

I'm up for a drive this weekend if anyone else in the area is game.

Pat in Baltimore

1970 BMW 2002 E10

Project Blog for 2002 work

http://mydrive.roadfly.com/blog/patmryan/

Hi, Pat!

Keep the Memorial Day weekend "Vintage at the Vineyard" event on your calendar.

There are several '02ers from your area who have made the trip.

It's a gathering of kindred spirits.....pretty awesome.

Best wishes on the mini restoration.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

Pat & Bill:

I wouldn't mind driving down to Baltimore Sat. afternoon. I've been to the Waterfront several times. Any good eateries that you recommend? Wanna join me? Just need to clear it with "La Suprema"....

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

Propane Heater! I use a 40000 btu propane jet heater from Home Depot for my winter time sanity seeking sessions. (Just remember to crack the garage door or window!) I usually end up taking my jacket off after 30 min or so....

Funny story from a few years ago during Hurricane Floyd. I had driven the 02 to work the day Floyd came up the coast to the NY area. On the drive home I wondered if I should've brought the oars, or worse, wether I should've even brought Ellie to work that day, as the roads were all but unpassable. Whilst peering through the rain drenched windscreen (Non-op wipers, of course!) I hear a Beep Beep and look over into the next lane to see another 02er next to me! A few thumbs ups, beeps, honks, and fist pumps later, we were on our way. We both had stupid grins on our faces!

Jon-
1971 2002 Malaga- In the family since Dad bought it new
2003 530i- Daily beater
2007 R1200 GS Adventure- After work therapy 

HarryPR, how's your heater working in the "cold" PR weather?

Robert. the '02 driving season starts now for us! (except for Victor, who uses his extra comfy air conditioned automatic '02 as his DD).

Temps have gotten as low as 78 in my neck of the woods, so from now until April or so the '02 will get more use. There is a big Classic car show in Caguas on Dec 2 and 3 and I'm trying to get a group of '02's together to go there.

I'm also thinking about setting up something up in Barranquitas or Orocovis early in the year, maybe a drive ending at a nice restaurant or something.

Best,

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290