• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone used this trigger wheel?

PSloan

I like the idea of mounting this one via bolts better than using jb weld..

Pat,

That's worth every penny at $30 - wonder where he buys them from?

Also how the eff are you going to attach it? I too like the idea of bolts however there's nothing to bolt to. Where on the pulley are you going to bolt and how/with what?

I would consider welding studs to the pulley then bolting on that way - but it would be hard/intricate welding.

Ideas??

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Well, I dont have the image of a pulley in my mind - so i was just wondering. I'll probably just stick with the one that came with my ford parts. It kinda sucks how much ford crap is going onto this car. oh well..

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

Well, I dont have the image of a pulley in my mind - so i was just wondering. I'll probably just stick with the one that came with my ford parts. It kinda sucks how much ford crap is going onto this car. oh well..

I hear you there. That wheel looks sweet but also looks like it won't fit. I'd bet that it's too small of an ID and you'd have to modify it to fit. The other thing I'm going to run into is that the S14 crank has a dampener which makes it harder to mount the 36-1 wheel.

As for the FORD crap - think of it this way... There are plenty of companies that make aftermarket performance parts for 4-cylinder engines. It just so happens that these parts fit on both Ford and BMW 4-cyl motors...

E36 

Have you seen Steve Lodefink's (finkbuilt) solution to the trigger wheel problem? http://www.finkbuilt.com/blog/crank-position-sensor/ It is a pretty clean solution. In fact, he has a pretty good handle on the whole "megasquirt" set-up.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Have you seen Steve Lodefink's (finkbuilt) solution to the trigger wheel problem? http://www.finkbuilt.com/blog/crank-position-sensor/ It is a pretty clean solution. In fact, he has a pretty good handle on the whole "megasquirt" set-up.

Where'd he get that wheel??? I've got the crank pulleys and the sensors - I just need the 36-1 wheel. The FORD EDIS wheel is a PITA to get because of the way the engines are mounted. Can these be purchased anywhere?

E36 

Where'd he get that wheel??? I've got the crank pulleys and the sensors - I just need the 36-1 wheel. The FORD EDIS wheel is a PITA to get because of the way the engines are mounted. Can these be purchased anywhere?

I got mine as part of a package deal on ebay that included the wheel, EDIS module, VR sensor, coil, plug wires and harness connectors for $80.

You can buy salvaged EDIS components individually from Boost Engineering.

http://home.earthlink.net/~beanbooger/boost_engineering/

73 Riviera Daily driver 2002 - MS, 9.5:1, cam, LSD