• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOT: Miller Syncrowave 300 (AC/DC TIG) , $425 in Bay Area

JohnN

welders last forever...miller is great stuff.

this 300 is a good machine and with the right hands will result in high quality welds.

unless you are doing aerospace projects you really don't need anything newer.

the torch cooler is cool I wish I had one...... at this price it won't last long

68' 1602

98' ///M3 Sedan

88' ///M3 Sold *

06' ///M3 Competition Pkg Sold *

http://www.bmw1602.com/

topbanner.gif

before investing in a welder of that size for home use, make sure your electric panel is up to snuff.

i have a co-worker who got a great deal on a Miller Econo-Tig only to find that he required $2000 rewire of his garage.

personally, unless you are wanting to weld magnesium or aluminum i'd save my clam-cakes for a nifty Miller Maxstar. portable and doesn't take up a lot of real estate.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

a cutting torch attachment. I got a good deal on a very lightly used unit (basically new). From the specs it should do everything I need, the cutting torch attachment is a huge bonus for me.

Now all I need is to learn how to TIG, having something that weighs 40 lbs rather than 340 lbs is certainly was the key difference to me.

Regards,

John N