• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a 1974 2002 with an engine upgrad. . .

paulg

I have a 1974 2002 with an engine upgrade by Korman, dual Webers.

It has never run extremely smoothly, but now it is hard to start and stumbles upon acceleration and is no fun to drive.

Does anyone know of a mechanic/tuner in the Indianapolis/Lafayette Indiana area who could correct this? thanks, paulg

there's a guy on the northwest side of indy about one intersection past the 285 loop off of Layfayette Rd. turn left at the (i'm thinking it's a FORD dealership), big car dealership then proceed about 1/2 mile down road, turn right. he's an independent BMW mechanic who did some work on my tii when i lived there. name's Rick something or other and he knows his stuff.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

my guess is a dirty carb. when my modded '74 starts to stumble it's time for a carb dismantle. i usually try to clean the carbs 2 times a year. also, i had an issue with the accelerator pump on the carb. the linkage to the acc. pump had gotten gunked up and wasn't providing a very good push on the acc. pump diaphragm. a disassembly and a little elbow grease and scrubbing did the trick.

good luck!

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)