• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If I buy these...

Tangarine-Dream

If I buy these HID headlights off ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-76-BMW-2002-HID-Projector-Headlights-Kit-72-73-74-75_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ014QQitemZ330060243924QQrdZ1,

will I have to make any additional modifications? For example, changing any electronic components so I don't fry any wires or ruin what's already working or are they just remove and replace? My current headlights (stock) look awfully dim! Thanks.

The Road of Life Should Be Driven in a BMW2002!! Happy Trails!

i was just looking at similar things on ebay

i figure if they're brighter than the lights on my car right now, what is $10 or so gonna hurt?

anyone who has some feedback to offer let us know cause i'd like to brighten up my night driving a little bit

1969 2002 Automatic "Pumpkin"

the original 02 headlights are an odd thing for me. currently, i drive to work while still dark. the first part of my journey is practically devoid of cars for about 5-6 miles at that time of morning.

i have NEVER considered my stock headlights to be inadequate. they seem to illuminate the road sufficiently, and i'm able to see the occasional deer in the road with sufficient warning (i don't speed around corners for this very reason). i'm typically driving faster than the typical SUV driver, though.

however, when i'm surrounded by other cars on the freeway with their brighter lights, it almost appears that i have NO HEADLIGHTS. yet i can still see sufficiently whether it's from my own lights or the other driver's ridiculously bright 'search n rescue' lights.

i don't know, i'm thinking all this brighter lights swapping is perhaps more to 'keep up with the jones'. i'm amazed sometimes that those lights are even legal. there are times i'd like to shine a spotlight out my rear window just to get even.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

the original 02 headlights are an odd thing for me. currently, i drive to work while still dark. the first part of my journey is practically devoid of cars for about 5-6 miles at that time of morning.

i have NEVER considered my stock headlights to be inadequate. they seem to illuminate the road sufficiently, and i'm able to see the occasional deer in the road with sufficient warning (i don't speed around corners for this very reason). i'm typically driving faster than the typical SUV driver, though.

however, when i'm surrounded by other cars on the freeway with their brighter lights, it almost appears that i have NO HEADLIGHTS. yet i can still see sufficiently whether it's from my own lights or the other driver's ridiculously bright 'search n rescue' lights.

i don't know, i'm thinking all this brighter lights swapping is perhaps more to 'keep up with the jones'. i'm amazed sometimes that those lights are even legal. there are times i'd like to shine a spotlight out my rear window just to get even.

Maybe you've been eating a lot of Vitamin E (i think), which is the vitamin in carrots that is supposed to help you see at night.

But.. as for your question of the validity of bright lights. Personally... I live where there are some very fun twisty backroads. If you run them very fast in the daytime, there's always a chance of coming around a hairpin and BAM theres a slow or stalled car in your way, and you're in big trouble.

But at night, there's hardly ever any traffic. You get the road to yourself, and if there's another car, you can spot them well ahead of time due to their lights.

So, if I happen to be driving at a rapid speed on a twisty backroad, I want all the lighting power I can get. i run stock wattage for dims, but when I put on the brights, viola, 100W of bright daylight! I get a wide open view of the entire road ahead of me and around me. And someone else can see me coming from far away.

I've never had stock lights in my 02, it had Hellas when I bought it. But I ran stock 7" sealed beams in Miata for several years. Sure enough, I came out of a hairpin corner in Acadia National Park and launched a deer up onto my hood. After that, I put Hellas in it...

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser