• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If I buy these...

Tangarine-Dream

Those lights look like they are made out of tin foil! I got some hella ones a few months ago and I'm about to take them out because I bought some angel eyes two weeks ago. One of them came in the mail smashed so I'm just waiting for the replacement. If you'd like mine, let me know. They don't have the parking (city) lights though and seeing as Karl is a Euro, I cannot wait to take them out! They are really bright too, made a huge difference to me, regardless of the fact that I couldn't adjust them and they sat too low.

Send me an email if you're interested.

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

VW Corrado's in the US are notorious for having horrible headlights. One thing that helps them is having a good wiring harness with relays to maximize the power going to the headlights.

I've also read that going to a more powerful alternator helps the headlights too.

Good luck!

Pete

Those sure don't look like HID bulbs; they look like halogen. I don't understand how they can consume the 55/60 W of normal bulbs, yet give off the same light as 130/110 W bulbs. The artificial blue tint is going to piss off other drivers. And on and on ...

If you want outstanding light, rather than ricer glitz, get item H6024A here: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/7in.asp $72 for a pair of excellent Hella Vision lamps and bulbs. I just ordered a pair, and shipping to me on the West Coast was an additional $9. I've got these on two other cars, and they are a huge improvement over stock. Drop-in replacement. Install, aim, and see.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

The other big thing to think about is the shape of the light pattern. The shape of Hella, Cibie and Bosch lights is usually what makes them better in the first place. Your paying for the lens and the reflector of the light. Also beware of H4 lights that are from places that drive on the other side of the road.

Even if you use only 55w bulbs, the performance from a Hella or Cebie H4 headlight is vastly superior to a sealed beam light off the shelf at Auto Zoo. I have also heard that the eBay lights are so bad, that the people that buy them usually go back to what they had. Im going to use Cibie H4 lights with 120w yellow stars this time around.

Don't forget relays for your lights!

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades