• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

quarter window reassembly order.

BLUNT

i searched some but didnt find exactly all the info i need. i assume it goes like this.....

install b pillar seal and new aluminum b pillar trim,

install new horizontal aluminum trim on base of window ledge--(does this rivet in or screw in>? i forgot)

install new 1/4 window rubber seal. any tips on installing these? ive sold hundreds but have yet to install any myself.

thanks

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

the trim pieces are installed with aluminum rivets. i will be doing this in the near future myself. i've been considering using a mastic-like sealer between the aluminum trim and sheetmetal just to keep moisture away, as i've seen many cars with rust seeping out from under there.

i do recall when i installed new 1/4 gaskets a decade ago that i had a heck of a time inserting it in the groove. as i recall, it was very unpleasant.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Nov or Dec Roundel. If you don't have, drop me an e-mail and I"ll send you an electronic copy. The real trick is supporting the window while you install it so it doens't slip out of your hands and shatter on the floor...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite