• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2 conversion using Aardvark documentation question

vintage_car

Has anyone utilized the aardvark documentation on doing the M2 swap? Was it worth the money for the documentation. Were they step by step, or lots of gaps?

I had the manual and was gong to tackle the project myself with my brother. Due to time, space and more importantly, skill, I decided to let a local shop do it for me. This shop races & build modern BMWs and do in-house fabrication. They felt that the manual made it sound easier than it really was. They thought it was going to take 2 months/50hrs but ended up loggin over 300 hrs over 8+ months. They usually don't do 02s and this was the first (and last) converison they had ever done. Most of the issues they had with my 02 was the cooling and the worst part was the wiring.

If you do the conversion, the manual is a must. Dave will provide all the phone & email support you may need. He also stocks most of the kits if you don't want to hunt down or fab the parts. I've put over 3K miles on my M2 in the last few months with no problems. Good luck.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

I have been using the cooling, fuel supply, and wiring sections of the manual.

I've found them to be fairly straight forward and self explanatory, but I have found some of the wiring section to be a little confusing and contradictory. I have since shipped the car off to be finished with the wiring being the biggest issue.

I think the issues I have had are because a: my car is a euro spec RHD, and b: the s14 I have and the wiring harnesss are from different cars ( and from differentr years).

But the diagrams are clear and well labelled and the suggestion of alternative ways to achieve something is helpful.

"Why is one of my reverse lights on in 4th?"

Daves manuel is complete but i must say that i agree with skippy on the wiring section. i built my car from the ground up but i have friends at irelands. i also needed to buy a factory 2002 shop manuel NLA and had to get a e30mr wiring trouble shooting manuel NLA and try and try again.

p.s. arrdvark is a good guy will help you out all you have to do is ask.

good luck, g