• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

weber and wires and cap question

ChuckR

hello again. Here are two questions, one is pretty basic and could be laughable.

1. does the weber 32/36 bolt right to my 69 manifold with out any mods? I have the original single barrel solex with a water choke. would the weber have the vacuume pipe for my distributor?

2. this is the 'i know no question is stupid..but' looking at my cap, and knowing the firing order of 1342 (right?) the first wire is #1, the very next one, going clockwise should be #3 plug wire-no? and so on?

thanks chuck

1969 Colorado Automatic (converted to 4spd)

1982 528e
1972 BMW R75/5

chuckrouthier.com

You'll need to find a two barrel manifold from a late 72-on 2002 to use your 32/36 Weber, presuming you still have the original one barrel Solex carb on your 69 (the OEM setup). Two barrel manifolds are pretty easy to come by these days--someone on the board will have one. You'll need to re-jigger your coolant hoses that go into and out the manifold (it's heated by coolant water for good winter operation) but again, that's not difficult. And both manifolds (and the Weber) have vacuum ports for your dizzy's vacuum advance unit.

I'll let someone else answer the firing order question, as I can't remember if the dizzy turns clockwise or CCW; I do know that you turn the dizzy body clockwise to retard the spark, though...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite