• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have been holding this pain inside for almost a year

norm

To the ASS-MUNCH who stole my Alpina badge at the Palo Alto Show last year, I finally got another one. So huh!! I never thought somebody in the 2002 crowd could be a thief and would steal from another vintage BMW owner. Somebody off the street would not have taken it for they would not know what it was. I never lock my doors or even roll up the windows at rallys. I even leave my keys in the ingnition sometimes. I know theives would hit the parking lots at VW shows in the early 90's and steal tail lights and such, but I never thought it would happen at a BMW show. I really enjoy going to Palo Alto and look forward to going again this year but Im going to ask my bank if I can borrow their velvet ropes to keep the crowd at bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSAA%3AUS%3A11&viewitem=&item=300059373381#ebayphotohosting

Norm

Happy Again

fortunately, you were able to find another at a 'reasonable-like' replacement fee.

look at what i had been watching recently, for my future ti-clone:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190062282224&rd=1,1

words escape me on how THAT could command such a high price. anyone able to translate the original words on the letter?

in case it's not coming up on clicking, the link is to the german ebay listing of an original 02ti VIN tag and i think the original sales receipt. that's all. and the tag is ratty looking too. end price: north of $600 dead presidents.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Norm

Happy Again

Glad to hear Norm! Some Ass-Munch stole cash and my owner's manual out of my glovebox at Bav Auto's Show & Shine. I paid for a cup of coffee with a $10 so it was $8 and change that they took right out of my wallet and the owner's manual which was actually a crappy water logged one that I got at a pick & pull.

Still it sucked to return to my car and see the glovebox open. I knew what was missing right away. BASTARDS!!! Maybe I should have locked my doors but having one of the crappiest cars at the show I figured the ///M-6 next to me was more of a target than I was....

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Right on Norm. I too leave my doors unlocked and windows down at shows. It sucks that it got stolen at an '02 event. Anyway, I'm glad you found one. BTW I was always out on the lookout for a badge. I would have been happy to just give you one.

Happy Holidays- Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Norm, good to see you got your plate back. At the Show N Shine recently down here, both my windows were left open and doors unlocked. I was shitscared my stereo which is just sitting in the console at the moment without a faceplate would get stolen, especially as the event was tied into a School Fair with a lot of 'try hards' out to prove how manly they are...Luckily worse didn't come to worse and the stereo stayed.

Hope this new badge isnt stolen again by some low life mate!

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Glad you are "complete" again...Now you have me a little paranoid about leaving the car open at these events..We will just have to start watching out for one another, and if some interloper tries anything we will just have to string them up by the "nuts" for all to see. That might reduce the miscreant misbehavior.

BTW not to hijack this thread, but is the Alpine 500 happening in '07? If so, let me know the details.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I'll still trust people, that's just my nature. A nice German Shepard in the back seat may help. However you guys would probably feed it and have it tamed like on Hogan's Heros.

I got your email and we will have all the details in about three weeks, but I can at least tell you the date, the last weekend in April. We're trying to have a Friday night stage to showcase those with foglights.

Norm

that sucks hard.

I haven't taken the keys out of my ignition for at least a year.. since the last time I went to the big city.

man people suck. You know some little dirtbag went to that BMW meet just to rip some folk off.. i bet he got a lot of little items and ran.

too bad nobody shot his ass and strung him up

but I still won't lock my car.. at least unless i'm in a town what has street lights and thats pretty fecking rare.

best of luck and make em pay

the link is to the german ebay listing of an original 02ti VIN tag and i think the original sales receipt. that's all. and the tag is ratty looking too. end price: north of $600 dead presidents.

It's probably that much because you're buying the ID of the vehcile, not just a scrappy old vin plate. Still expensive.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

I got your email and we will have all the details in about three weeks, but I can at least tell you the date, the last weekend in April. We're trying to have a Friday night stage to showcase those with foglights.

Norm

Thanks...Does that mean I have to find some Foglights now?? j/k

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours