• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shame about the condition of this Taiga

Harv

this is the same car that was pulled off ebay about a month ago the day the auction was about to end. it was holding steady at about $500 when the seller probably got seller's remorse (it was a non-reserve auction).

if it were local i'd have bid on it, but transportation fees...

i suppose if someone was assembling a collection of all the 02 colors, then, maybe.

the color does kind of grow on me, just like ceylon. the new owners cleaned it up quite a bit.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

IMO, an original, complete, worn, and even rusty tii in an unusual color is preferable to a basket case, dismantled, modded, or incomplete "more common" color.

That said, it might take the auction price plus as much as $20K (maybe more?) to bring it back to glory. In this case, despite the rust, matching numbers add to its desirability.

With ebay prices for so-so cars nipping at the $20K gavel price, this is where things start to get interesting.

It's one to watch.

:)

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

IMO, an original, complete, worn, and even rusty tii in an unusual color is preferable to a basket case, dismantled, modded, or incomplete "more common" color.

That said, it might take the auction price plus as much as $20K (maybe more?) to bring it back to glory. In this case, despite the rust, matching numbers add to its desirability.

With ebay prices for so-so cars nipping at the $20K gavel price, this is where things start to get interesting.

It's one to watch.

Delia

Delia, i'm supposing some of the bidders on this car have read your post. this car barely broke the $500 mark a month ago before being pulled off ebay at the closing hours. now it's above $1000 and will probably go higher.

amazing what a car wash, clean photos and alittle hyperbole will do for a sale.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

It's one to watch.

Delia

Delia, i'm supposing some of the bidders on this car have read your post. this car barely broke the $500 mark a month ago before being pulled off ebay at the closing hours. now it's above $1000 and will probably go higher.

amazing what a car wash, clean photos and alittle hyperbole will do for a sale.

That's very sweet of you to think so, Jerry, but I don't believe I have any influence over ebay pricing or it's related hype.

However, you might blame the ebay '72tii that approached 20K then didn't meet the reserve.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com