• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One more try - anyone have a pic of a turf 02?

PSloan

I tried a while back with no avail. I'm compiling pics of my fav colors for ideas for my 72. It's between florida, tiaga, tampico, siennabraun, nevada, and turf. Alot - i know - but they are all so cool!

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my 68 1600 was originally Turf according to mobile tradition, but i believe it was resprayed Agave. at least that's what the color sticker (next to the VIN plate) says. i suppose i won't be able to verify that until i remove the dash sometime in the future.

i'm thinking Agave and Turf are very close anyways.

btw, why anyone would consider Siennabraun is beyond me. it just aint right. ditto on schwartz. just my unsolicited opinion.

i do agree with you. i like the look of the 6-fuse cars so much more. and the absence of side markers and all-aluminum look grills (of 1600's) even better.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

bmw-2002-1971.JPG

Not sure about this one, but might be the lighting. It appears too dark to be Agave, don't you think? The bumpers suggest it's a '73.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Have you considered Resedagrun?

It's a lighter, metallic green found only on the 1502.

My '78 E21 was Resedagrun, and in the bright sunlight it was really quite beautiful.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com

e24_reseda_green.jpg

What do you think???

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com

You just going to have to get a test panel sprayed. I love the 6 fuse cars too. I used all early parts- short console, no lower moulding, early grilles, etc and even switched the blinker/washer stalks to the early ones. I did not shave the rear side reflector just because I wanted to maintain the visibility. I also used the 73 bumper brackets to try and keep the bumper out of the nose (lived in southern new england where they actually teach people to park "by feel.") I love the early colors and wanted to find a derby colored- I love bristol as well. In the end the guy who was doing the work couldd not "match any color" like he said he could so I went with a ford underhood gray.

I had a bristol 69 1600 that got smashed after i restored it and I just never recovered..... Early cars have the gestalt for sure. They pretty much summed it up with the 1600ti as far as i'm concerned.

Pete

post-147-13667572083525_thumb.jpg

Nope. Delia's photo might as well be Turf even if it is an Agave one. That's pretty much exactly what they look like.

Could be the lighting but who knows. That car looks Turf to me. Agave is actually one shade darker but Turf and Agave are pretty much the same. So, either way you can consider that pic Turf cause that's pretty much what it would look like.

If you want "much" lighter than you want MintGrun, Turkis or Taiga. Maybe even florida although that is more of "mint" green as I call it. Very light/pale sort of chamonix/white and mint green mixed together.

Here's a bad (dark and scanned like 6-7 years ago) pic of my old 76 Jadegrun. Jade is the "lightest" of the darks even though this pic looks darker than the one below it:

pass_side_front.jpg

Here's a pic of an Agave:

carlisle04_030.sized.jpg

I guess that what you grow up with, or are familiar with, are the things that float your boat. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side if you grew up in western NC, and seldom saw an 02. My first car in 73, was a 69 Manila 02. $900! Paid (lawn-mowing) cash. Never have seen another; kinda pale yellow that wasn't very exciting to a 17-year-old. I've never seen mention of Manila on the board...Seems pretty cool now. Next was a Riviera 72 ($1095). Not sexy, but still my favorite.Dark enough to handsomely show offf the bright-work, but not too dark. We went to Monterey, CA in 72 to visit a brother stationed at the Presidio in language school, and went to Fred Snook's BMW of Monterey (still there?), and saw a Schwartz/black interior tii. My father said if I got the forth-coming college scholarship, he'd buy it for me. Told him that I didn't like the color. Smart kid, huh? 30 years later, a 76 Taiga (wow) and a 76 Sahara (grows on you, but hated it 30 years ago) are in process. Sorry to blather; but the moral to the story is: that's what makes horse races; and your are having the frustrating fun of trying to choose. I vote Nevada. Good luck, Dave V. in NC

76 02 Taiga

76 02 Sahara (formerly okartguy's)

74 3.0cs Polaris (wish it was Atlantic..)