• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One more try - anyone have a pic of a turf 02?

PSloan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lack of side reflectors and headrests.

Neither Turf, Florida nor Manila were cataloged '02 colors--at least for the US market, but several of these colors have been reported on this board. I've always wondered if these cars were European delivery cars, either tourist or military and thus weren't ordered by or through Hoffman Motors. Can anyone confirm?

In '68 and '69, according to the sales literature, and correspondence I have from Hoffman Motors when I inquired abut colors, the only available colors were Chamoix, Granada, Nevada, and at extra cost 'cause they were metallic, Polaris and Baikal.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I've never seen mention of Manila on the board...Seems pretty cool now.

Auggie, There was this tii for sale a few years back. I think it went for 8K or something. It was in San Mateo Ca.

John

post-70-13667572143539_thumb.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

lack of side reflectors and headrests.

Neither Turf, Florida nor Manila were cataloged '02 colors--at least for the US market, but several of these colors have been reported on this board. I've always wondered if these cars were European delivery cars, either tourist or military and thus weren't ordered by or through Hoffman Motors. Can anyone confirm?

In '68 and '69, according to the sales literature, and correspondence I have from Hoffman Motors when I inquired abut colors, the only available colors were Chamoix, Granada, Nevada, and at extra cost 'cause they were metallic, Polaris and Baikal.

cheers

mike

I have a trunk lid and door (and color sticker) from a Turf 1600-2 that was in a junkyard many years ago. It was a '68 US spec car. I don't recall seeing any other Turf '02s, 1600-2 or 2002 other than that one car.

I think that 1600s got some colors that the 2002s didn't and vice versa?

Mike, as I have mentioned here before, I used to own 1661508, which was a Manila 2002. If I remember correctly, BMW's sold here in Puerto Rico never came through the Hoffman Motors channel, but were brought directly from Europe. However, they did comply with DOT and NHTSA regulations.

Maybe that's why a Manila 02 slipped through..

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Bmw back in the 02 days was very lax with the colors my neighbor across the street had a atlantik blue 76, this color was discontinued in 1973 I've also seen golf 320i a color discontinued in 74. There are many other examples out there.

Marty

Don't worry about the world ending today,

Hell it's already tomorrow in Australia.