• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Control Arm Refurb.

albawhore

i'm not familiar with Moog brand ball joints. weren't they a synthesizer company back in the 70's?

where'd you get them and how much? mine were Meyle at $22/ea

btw, i used Red Loctite on the threads and torqued to 19ft-lbs, then i took a can of black satin rattle can and sprayed the uncoated bits a little for good measure.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

The moogs were from a local source $19.00 and made in germany according to the box. Moog is a well respected suspension parts supplier. My Haynes manual called out 32 ft./lbs. and I am considering some different bolts like maybe some nice metric 10.9's with fine threads and jam nuts, a little shorter too I think the ones that came with the parts are a little long.

JB

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)

Hmm...

When I took apart my suspension, one ball joint was riveted on, while the other was a bolted-on ppiece, like the Moog stuff. On the bolted one, there was safety wire running between all 3 Bolts. I assumed this was standard practice, since the bolts had farily uniform holes drilled in them, and this part made sense to put safety wire around....

Am I wrong here? I havent looked at my new ball joints yet, so I don't know...

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

It does make sense, I do not remember any holes in the hardware but I will definitely check when I get home. I know that my friend that races D sports puts safety wire and even springs (so that even if it does come off it does not leave the car) on everything. As I said above I am not in love with the hardware that came with the joints and am going to swap it out with high grade stuff and jam nuts, might as well install some holes for wire at the same time.

Thanks

JB

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)