• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm NOT holding this pain for a year, some #@*& keyed my

InkaSteve

What is with people nowdays?? Someone purposely, maliciously, dragged a key or something down the side of my car. Scratching the paint down to the primer. Made me sick, ruined my day. But I won't let them ruin my Christmas. I guess the holiday season just brings out the worst in people.

Maybe I will try to very delicately touch it up. Anyone know where to get high quality Inka touch up?? Have to fix the "balljoint" incident damage too.

keying02004.jpg

keying02003.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have insurance on it for vandalism? My father's Mercedes-Benz got keyed and it was fixed by the insurance company...That's too bad though...there are truley some assholes out there....Karma...that's all I say...that person will eventually get what's coming to him....

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

That really sucks Steve, similar thing happened to me this week. I got back from camping over the weekend only to discover that someone BACKED INTO MY CAR. Now I need a new kidney grill and some body work. I know what you are going through man...right when you have the car as you want it...someone's gotta doink it up.

Sheeesh!!! Some are envious, and some are very jealous! I guess someone got their jollies out of that one. Whomever it was I hope they realllly feel the guilt, I bet their heart was beating pretty hard when they did it for fear of getting shot. Good for you! It aint worth letting it get to you. See if there are any municipal cameras in that area, and apprehend. Have a great day!

you will have to get a repaint to get it to look right. With a non metalic it should be very easy to paint match.

You were most certainly keyed. Sorry to see that. I've noticed that its a typical jealous a$$hole, take some relief that they will probably forever drive a beat up (imported from the north east with lots of rust) old chevette.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

Sorry to hear about this.

I'm with Justin. You'll probably wind up having to get at least the area between the upper and lower moldings repainted.

Like he says, the fact that it's not metallic should make it unnoticeable once it's done. The same thing happened to me years ago on a recently repainted, metallic green 1971 Chevelle I had. I had the side repainted, but eventually had to repaint the whole car because it didn't match.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

So sorry to hear this news....pointless b.s.

Call your insurance agent and they will make you whole again.

Same nonsense happened to me about 4 years ago,both front and rear

fenders,and both doors on a VR6 GTI of mine.

Best of luck...

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

So sorry to hear this news....pointless b.s.

Call your insurance agent and they will make you whole again.

Same nonsense happened to me about 4 years ago,both front and rear

fenders,and both doors on a VR6 GTI of mine.

Best of luck...

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Steve, I think I saw your car on State St. three days ago. At least, it was somebody's inka touring. I was on a vacation around LA and was visiting Santa Barbara. Beautiful car.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Steve, I think I saw your car on State St. three days ago. At least, it was somebody's inka touring. I was on a vacation around LA and was visiting Santa Barbara. Beautiful car.

Thanks all, for your sympathy..it does help.

There seems to be a rash of "Grinches in Paradise" here in Santa Barbara lately. Someone vandalized a Christmas tree lot with a power saw. http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_331202726.html and then this week someone tried to cut down a 45 foot decorated christmas tree in the middle of town. http://www.keyt.com/news/local/4949381.html

I won't let some asshole.gif take the joy of driving the car away. You have to take it out of the garage and into the public to drive it, and that is the real pleasure of 02s. Funny, I can't see the scratch when I am driving, and people still smile and give you a thumbs up.

I will have to take it by my insurance people and see what they say.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

some combination of jealously & envy on part of somebody who just can't STAND to see someone have something nice that he (or she) can't afford and (fortunately) doesn't have the nerve or skill to try to steal. 30 years ago, a friend caught a 16 year old punk in the act of keying his '65 356 Cabrio in San Francisco - only thing he could get out of the kid when he tried to find out why was "cause you're stupid". Fortunately, cooler heads intervened, or my friend might still be jail for beating the kid senseless.......

Sadly, it's one of the secondary concerns that led me to move the '69 to weekend / fun driver status and use the somewhat tired looking 320 for everyday - if somebody messes up the 320, at least they haven't damaged a nice, original car.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)