• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Q: Recommended paint for that "stock wheel look"

GregR

Hi Greg,

If you're looking for the BMW "shade", most '02 people recommend the Würth brand paint.

i'll spray a wheel with wurth and one with home depot or walmart silver or aluminum...if you can tell them apart, i'll give you a set of wheels and tires

the only thing wurthwhile about wurth is it inflates your ego because you're spending a lot more to feel like you got something special

Good grief! Don't shoot the messenger

don't take it personally les...i wasn't beating on you.....i was just getting a jump on the designer label guys that usually come along pushing wurth...i've used it just to see what all the hype was about and after painting 2 sets of wheels, the only difference i could see was, with shipping, i spent $21.50 for a $4 spray bomb

dupli-color works great too

The Wurth paint is the correct color and sheen when you use the silver and the clear.

That being said, if you can find a paint that matches the color and sheen for a fraction of the price, be proud, and buy extra.

OSH dark red is a perfect match for early Coca-Cola red on the vending machines and coolers. OSH bright red is a nearly perfect match for (unfaded) Verona red on my 02. $2 a can. I have extra.

I wasn't able to find a good match for the Wurth silver, but then again I didn't try too hard. I already had a few cans of the Wurth silver and the clear. The only other silver I had was a bright aluminum that I had used on some tail light assemblies but was WAY too bright for the wheels.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes