• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a little coil wiring question

jerry

folks,

i'd like to return to the stock configuration as best as practicable. however, the PO removed the original coil resistor and installed a Crane Cam XR700. i will keep the XR700, but would also like to return the coil resistor. i realize the bosch blue coil has an internal resistor.

question:

a green wire from the harness typically goes through the square relay then a small connection is made to the resistor. on the other side is a green-red wire that goes from the opposite side of the resistor to the coil (No.15 tab, i think). is this correct?

IF the consensus is that reconnecting this resistor is idiotic, then which wires get discretely taped off?

thanks in advance. i'm going back to the car now...

post-260-13667572414525_thumb.jpg

post-260-13667572416245_thumb.jpg

post-260-13667572417796_thumb.jpg

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Check the green wire with a voltmeter for power in the ON position and cranking position. If you have voltage in both positions, connect it to #15 on the coil and tape up the rest. This only works with a blue coil. Otherwise, your car will eat points weekly!