• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you think about yellow

esty

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im not a huge fan of yellow but i think it would look nice on an 02. andys supercharged car always looked great and at first glance that looks like a similar tone. im sure its glasurit isnt it esty??

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

fords02.jpg

I've always loved this car... not just the color, its the stance and the bumper that does it.. But the color still rocks IMHO.

I say go for it!

Matt

thanks Matt for that pic...that what my 69 would look like, short bumpers included...i like it very much...you don't think it's too YellowCab do you?

i've never been a big fan of black'd out belt moulding...but i can see it looking really sharp with that color...anodized dark charcoal perhaps

Honestly it looks fugly to me, and too flashy.

I'd rather have something much more classy and clean.

Well, its no more flashy than Inka or Taiga is it? :). Then again, I eventually went with Baltic Blau Metallic on my 02... aka more classy and clean, so what do I know!!

Actually, in reality I wanted a color that wasn't as much of a cop magnet. I guess it worked, no 02 tickets eVAR.

Matt

...what would you suggest if it was your's?

If it were mine.... I'd go with riviera, the original color. :)

Someday when things settle down, It'll be nice to put a fresh coat on it.

But yeah... if your original 02 color isn't that great, I suppose a switch would be OK.

I wouldn't limit myself to only original 02 colors though. If you're gonna switch, you've got a whole spectrum to pick from. You could go any direction. It just depends on what kind of feeling you want to evoke, and whether you can balance it out with other cues on the car.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

My 02 was originally Ceylon (Bronze), which must not have been very popular anyway as it only stayed for one year. I completely stripped mine and made it Golf, which I think was a factory colour from '71- '79.

Golf is a little more pine/lime than the yellow you have chosen. I was always going to paint the 02 a factory colour though. I have repainted quite a few cars, but have only changed colours twice, both to period factory colours.

'73 BMW 2002Tii,'89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo,'56 Renault 4CV with 16 TS motor, 

'76 BMW R90S, '68 BMW R60/2, '51 BMW R51/3, '38 BMW R71

Ipswich, Australia.

If it were mine.... I'd go with riviera, the original color. :)

Someday when things settle down, It'll be nice to put a fresh coat on it.

now, the car's white and i will be stripping it down to metal, shooting the entire body, in & out

seeing chris willetts beautiful 1600 listed on ebay makes me want to stay white but a wimbledon white rather than the brighter arctic white...(no advertising...it's just a gorgeous car)

Totally underused color and i bet it will look awsome

I've been on a hunt for an old checker cab -- If I ever see one for sale I'm so there

I mean how cool is this car??

checker-cab-2.jpg

If you guys ever see one in a junk yard please let me know. I WANT ONE!

I used to have a '70 Opel GT and it was bright yellow...I loved that car! You will less likely "be run into" with the color yellow also...why do you think all school buses are yellow? :-)

But, you gotta go with black interior with yellow!

Good luck,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"