• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you think about yellow

esty

Like it... not love it but it's a solid choice and if anyone can pull it off it's you! I'm a fan of Fjord blue.

Not to totally change the direction of the thread but....

A suggestion is that you lay a base coat of jet black under the yellow. Prime normal but apply your first coat in black....

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it were mine.... I'd go with riviera, the original color. :)

Someday when things settle down, It'll be nice to put a fresh coat on it.

now, the car's white and i will be stripping it down to metal, shooting the entire body, in & out

seeing chris willetts beautiful 1600 listed on ebay makes me want to stay white but a wimbledon white rather than the brighter arctic white...(no advertising...it's just a gorgeous car)

I'd rather have white over that glasurit yellow.

The problem with the glasurit is the orange hue. It gives the yellow a darkier, nastire look. Kind of like when you mix a dab of ketchup into some cheap yellow mustard. ewwwww.

You could go with a yellow that has more of a white base instead of an orange base. It'll be nice and shiny, but probably too bright and flashy.

I guess if I wanted to go for a nice classy color fit for a girl, I'd go with kind of a pearlescent metallic color.

I know some folks feel that period-correct 02 colors are the only way to go, but for the majority of folks I come across in the real world, rarely would anyone be able to tell the difference, nor care. I'm not even old enough to remember what colors might be period correct for my car. It's 7 years older than me.

If you're not concerned about the concours, I'd just rather have a really nice lookin car.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

One of the coolest 02's we ever had in the shop was a Golf Yellow M2. I LOVED that car, and wanted one ever since. Yellow is a great colour on an 02. That said, no matter what colour you choose, I'm sure you'll hack the shit out of the poor little 02 anyway. Snide enough for you?

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

I'd rather have white over that glasurit yellow.

The problem with the glasurit is the orange hue. It gives the yellow a darkier, nastire look. Kind of like when you mix a dab of ketchup into some cheap yellow mustard. ewwwww.

You could go with a yellow that has more of a white base instead of an orange base. It'll be nice and shiny, but probably too bright and flashy.

I guess if I wanted to go for a nice classy color fit for a girl, I'd go with kind of a pearlescent metallic color.

I know some folks feel that period-correct 02 colors are the only way to go, but for the majority of folks I come across in the real world, rarely would anyone be able to tell the difference, nor care. I'm not even old enough to remember what colors might be period correct for my car. It's 7 years older than me.

If you're not concerned about the concours, I'd just rather have a really nice lookin car.

lol...i think mr blunt was pulling my pigtail abiout it being glasurit and i play'd along...it's not glasurit, just a color sample i found that i happen to like..

i'm agree with you the bright...i had a 65 mustang that was the color of the one i'm picturing and that is probably what i'll end up doing...

64-V.jpg

the only thing i consider when restoring a car i plan to keep is that, in some way, it stands out in a crowd...not necessarily universally appealing...just a slight WOW factor has to be there

what do you think about TAMPICO

i like it a lot but there's not much WOW there...it would just blend in, in my opinion....that said, i love florida, which i also thinks a bland color yet love...someone else was talking about painting their car florida recently...maybe pat sloan

florida reminds me of my 1st car, a 59 ford fairlane...it was close to florida, perhaps a smidge darker

what about florida and british racing green or jade green, 2-toned like my 76?

so the $300 d/d fixer is gonna go something close to that.

Partially because we have most of the other colors,

and wouldn't want to confuse each other...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Click here to see a nice vibrant shade of yellow:

http://www.miata.net/gallery/images/92yellow.jpg

Thats Sunburst Yellow that they put on a very limited run of miatas in 92. I doubt it'd look that great on an 02, but just an option I thought I'd throw out there if you're really wantin yellow.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

--esp since Turf is a (not well known) '69 color. Do the green down the sides between the beltline moulding and the window sills, continuing along the crease on the hood and deck lid edges. Similar to Lotus Cortina color schemes from the 60s...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite