• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you think about yellow

esty

The PO said that the repaint on this car was maisgelb.

P2250148s.JPG

It had a different look with the black Cromodoras. (This was before I buffed out the paint.)

P7040196s.JPG

Yes, its a take it or leave it color but it certainly attracted attention. I sold this 02 a few months ago.

Karl

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The PO said that the repaint on this car was maisgelb.

P2250148s.JPG

It had a different look with the black Cromodoras. (This was before I buffed out the paint.)

P7040196s.JPG

Yes, its a take it or leave it color but it certainly attracted attention. I sold this 02 a few months ago.

Karl

It looks like my car.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

I painted my bug yellow. It stands out much more than other cars, but sometimes that's the purpose of driving a unique vehicle. I mean, anyone can drive a run-of-the-mill Ford or Toyota. If you have an '02, why not flaunt it?

You'd be amazed at how many people give me the thumbs up as I head back and forth to work on the interstate. My brother, in his white baja bug, almost never gets the same response. It must be the yellow color because he is (admittedly) better looking than I am.

By the way, the rear window on my bug reads...

"FUKEN - GRUVEN"

post-1917-13667572468247_thumb.jpg

Well

Actually I have tons but don't want to tie up the forum and I am not very good at posting Its a 1959 Thames that I am putting on a shortened 02 tub. Both were rust buckets so I have had to do a lot of fabrication Been working on it for a while, took most of this year off for various reasons but now working feverishly to get it ready for V@V in May. Most of my east coast buds are aware of it and how crazy I am. Here is a shot from about a year and a half ago before things were grafted together

Going to have full 02 running gear, wiring and dash. Have had the truck for over 30 years trying to figure out a way to power it with an 02 engine. Time will tell if I am successful

post-484-13667572479303_thumb.jpg

I painted my bug yellow. It stands out much more than other cars, but sometimes that's the purpose of driving a unique vehicle. I mean, anyone can drive a run-of-the-mill Ford or Toyota. If you have an '02, why not flaunt it?

You'd be amazed at how many people give me the thumbs up as I head back and forth to work on the interstate. My brother, in his white baja bug, almost never gets the same response. It must be the yellow color because he is (admittedly) better looking than I am.

By the way, the rear window on my bug reads...

"FUKEN - GRUVEN"

i think youre very handsome whale

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

It must be the bug that is making me look good. Anyone who stands next to a '72 Baja Bug can't help but look better.

You must be freezing this time of year. My bug is great in the deserts of Southern California, but I do not imagine that it would do so well in the snow there.

Good luck and although I did not deserve it, thank you for the compliment.

Dale

(San Diego '74 Tii)