• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coop's carbon fiber panel group buy in - what happened?

I was very excited to be included in Coop's carbon fiber hood and rear deck lid group buy in project and was really quite disappointed when Coop e-mailed me to inform me that the buy in was off. He mentioned that he was not interested in the project anymore and that a few people had taken the wind out of his sails. Coop, if you are reading this, maybe I should e-mail you personally to ask what happened, but I think a group discussion may be helpful. I'm sort of envious of the people that have these panels already since my originals have been hail damaged. I am hoping that the project will resume as planned.

GT

'72 '02 tii chamonix

'88 E28 535i delphin

'68 Datsun Roadster

People cried, bitched and moaned, so Coop decided not to do it again. It's a shitty thing, but I see more of this happening in the 02 community as time passes.

Coop, if you read this, I don't blame you one bit. Sometimes it simply isn't worth it.

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

What did people cry, bitch and moan about? All I know is that I waited patiently for over a year and was elated to hear that another project was on and then was disappointed that it was off.

GT

I was very excited to be included in Coop's carbon fiber hood and rear deck lid group buy in project and was really quite disappointed when Coop e-mailed me to inform me that the buy in was off. He mentioned that he was not interested in the project anymore and that a few people had taken the wind out of his sails. Coop, if you are reading this, maybe I should e-mail you personally to ask what happened, but I think a group discussion may be helpful. I'm sort of envious of the people that have these panels already since my originals have been hail damaged. I am hoping that the project will resume as planned.

GT

'72 '02 tii chamonix

'88 E28 535i delphin

'68 Datsun Roadster

He's not doing the group buy and he doesn't seem to want to talk about any other options on this forum - why don't you pick up the ball and contact the manufacturer direct and do the group buy organising yourself? There are 11 other hopeful people in the same boat as you - surely one of you is capable of picking up the ball?

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

of projects under consideration that might turn into possible group buys in the future, I've thought about ways of dodging the whiner issue quite a bit.

IF (big, BIG if) any of the projects come to fruition, I suspect that the best way to manage the project will be to post the initial inquiry on the board, then handle the balance of the project off line, one-to-one with interested parties. By communicating with participants exclusively off line, the participation conditions, project criteria, and financial disclosures can be shared directly with interested parties, hopefully bypassing the folks who only involve themselves in order to publicly whine and behave like crybabys.

Kinda sad that it's come to that point, though.................

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

of projects under consideration that might turn into possible group buys in the future, I've thought about ways of dodging the whiner issue quite a bit.

IF (big, BIG if) any of the projects come to fruition, I suspect that the best way to manage the project will be to post the initial inquiry on the board, then handle the balance of the project off line, one-to-one with interested parties. By communicating with participants exclusively off line, the participation conditions, project criteria, and financial disclosures can be shared directly with interested parties, hopefully bypassing the folks who only involve themselves in order to publicly whine and behave like crybabys.

Kinda sad that it's come to that point, though.................

Seems like plenty of group buys happen smoothly round here.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg