• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's pik-a-part scores

Gordon

Since I had the day off due to President Ford, I went to the local pik-a-part yards near Nipomo CA.

I scored an E30 insturment cluster for my daughters 86 E30 325. You need a working odometer if you have a M20 motor since you've got to keep track of the mileage come timing belt replacement time. I had to find an 86 base model (cloth interior) since I need one with the same rear end ratio to avoid speed error.

I also found an 89 325is complete with recarro's, M-Technic steering wheel and rear view mirror with map lights. I passed on the Recarro's but I snagged the steering wheel and rear view mirror. The E30 BBS basketweaves were gone, they had been replaced by bottlecaps. All for the above parts for $50 bucks to include some new oil filters for my Toyota that I found in the back of a car.

I'll hang on to the mirror for now, my tii already has an identical mirror with the map lights built into it.

I love pik-a-part yards. the oldest BMW I saw there was an E21. E30 Bottlecaps were plentiful at the yards.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

They need some help, the car had 275K on it, so the seats had some abuse. That's why I passed since I have an 91 318i that the seats would look great in (same color as well). Rational thinking prevailed when I thought how much it would cost to have the seats reupholstered. I'll have to get the steering wheel redone but that's a helluva lot cheaper than

Recarro seats. I had my E21 Recarro's reupholstored before I put them in my tii and that cost me a few hundred (and that was vinyl).

Good luck in your search but trust me, you don't want these seats.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

I'm paying ~150 to have a seat refurbished. That's one Recaro e21 seat stripped, foam reparied and panels with cracks replaced. Only bad panels replaced and I can only go there one day a week because only on Thursdays is there someone in the shop that speaks english....

Sounds like you don't want those recaros...

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

I'm paying ~150 to have a seat refurbished. That's one Recaro e21 seat stripped, foam reparied and panels with cracks replaced. Only bad panels replaced and I can only go there one day a week because only on Thursdays is there someone in the shop that speaks english....

Sounds like you don't want those recaros...

150 to get it refurbished? where is this place? That is a good price.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

M-Technic I, Motorsport stripe toward the bottom of the middle spoke. I don't have a camera but I did a quick google search and here's a pic

http://www.pbase.com/stylngle2003/image/46874139 there is a motorsport stripe below the middle horn button on the first version of the M-Technic wheel. Later E30 M-Technic steering wheel versions had the M logo on the steering wheel.

Hope this helps.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

150 to get it refurbished? where is this place? That is a good price.

armond, i got my recaros completely reupolstered in Fremont for $200/ea and these seats were trashed when i brought them in. i'm happy with the job i got for the price. the work was well beyond just a refurbishment. the place is called Stereo City off Thornton Ave in Fremont.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

It's in Sommerville, MA. It's pretty much in the ghetto and I make sure to only wear old ratty clothes there. I'm out of the office at the moment but will edit this post in a few minutes and put up the name and number of the place

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

The reason I asked is that the little motorsport stripe plate on the bottom spoke is available as a separate piece for only a few dollars. Search the ETK on E30M3 parts.

The 3 spoke leather wheel is a really nice upgrade for the early plastic wheels on the E30s.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes