• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everyone should get flocked. I know I need to.....

Craig74tii

I found a company that'll re-flock our gloveboxes. The cost will be about $50 per box. That price is with a clean box inside. The price might be a bit higher if they have to get the old crusty flocking out. Personally if it cost me an extra $15 to have them clean it for me, it's worth it. I was told they should have the correct color, if not, one that is very close.

I'd like to know if there's any interest. Thx.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Not one person on this board wants to have their glovebox re-flocked? Seems there are very few of us on here doing restorations. I guess I misread this people on the FAQ.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

i learned my lesson on doing 'no expense spared' restorations 12 years ago. spending $50 to flock a glovebox is probably a good deal, but i'd rather spend that money on something that'll make the car more:

dependable

faster

less prone to rust

weather proof

not necessarily in that order. currently, i think i have decent ones in my stash and if not i'll improvise.

but thanks for sharing. this is good news for those seeking full-up restoration, and there's nothing wrong with that, btw.

besides, i typically keep the glovebox closed 99% of the time.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Racers tend to look quickly, realize that it doesn't make the car go faster then move on...

Daily driver's tend to look much faster than racers because the tow truck's coming and they need the answer to their question before it arrives...

Restoration guys on the other hand, the guys you want, are still back logged in the archives going over recent photos and text with fine toothed combs, pondering the dimple vs. snorkel gospels etc...they'll reach the present day posts eventually...and might embrace flocking.

If I still had a glove box, I'd be first in line to get flocked... hmm, now that I think about it: a flocked roll cage would look f'in'sweeet...

-s

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)

I honestly have no idea what the term 'flocked' means, or why I should do that to my glovebox. ???

flocking is what was done to criminals in the middleages in a public square for all to see and consider....

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

I'm interested...I've seen flocking kits that cost more...also,I think Blunt was just inquiring about flocking material last week...

George Thielen

74 Inca

www.mobileinspections.com

ditto that. I tried something "experimental" and ended up with a glovebox that looks lined in kitty litter...

I'd go for it, but my interior work is at least 3-4 months away. I have to concentrate on budgeting m cash towards the suspesion and brakes (current projects) for the time being.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

It came out great. It cost me 10 or 15 bucks in material and I have enough to do a couple more. See my old post last month for website.

old post

Subject: It can be done- found it

I bought some stuff on the interent and it looks great. It was a spray glue- might have been brush on , it has been awhile. You got a bag of fuzz. An applicator was about$1. you blew the stuff on and let it dry overnight. Mine can out great. It was not cheap but was not unreasonable. I haven't found the name of it. I will repost if I find it.

http://www.donjer.com/ I used soft flock - came out great