• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Made a cool find last night

PSloan

Yeah - i think they will look pretty sweet on a flat black rat rod. What do you think? Out of curiosity though - what are they worth?

to the right person they are worth whatever theyre willing to pay.. they are NLA (at least 1 side) and if youre restoring a nut and bolt 68 or 69 used lens's can break a car. in the end i bought all new tail lights because what looks nice on your kitchen table doesnt look so nice up against brand new paint and trim.

id sell them rather than put them on a rat rod or trade someone doing a resto for their used all red lenses and some lootcakes.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I'll clean em up and see how nice they really are and ill consider it. I've only owned 2 roundies - one of which i sold pretty quickly but somehow ive acquired many many sets of round tail lights.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

I'll clean em up and see how nice they really are and ill consider it. I've only owned 2 roundies - one of which i sold pretty quickly but somehow ive acquired many many sets of round tail lights.

Do you still have an extra one for the left side that you'd be willing to part with? I'd send you a few bucks for it, plus shipping. I'd also send along that E23 manual I forgot to give you with the car. :)

'70 1600 - Chamonix - 2.0L + 5-speed

You need a left side amber lens or red? I'll send you an amber lens for nothing. You may not have to worry about that 7 series manual - it spun a bearing. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I may drop a used engine in in and do something with it - or not. I'm not sure. How's the 69, 70, or 71 coming?

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

trim) from the outer diecast bezel, so if you have decent red center lenses in crappy housings, you can swap 'em into a nicer housing pretty easily. I did this for my 69 when I went back to red center lenses in 2000 (the original ones melted while under warranty in 1969--car was delivered with a stuck brake light switch--and were replaced with amber center lenses because by Sept '69 the red center lenses were NLA)

And the grey foam gaskets are still available thru BMW (aren't they, Blunt?)

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite