• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay ad has pic of Jan's Alpina touring

Wow, that is something that I have not seen done during my ebay years.

Thanks for sharing it Josh.

Well, I was contemplating on selling but every time I see a picture of it I change my mind.

Best regards

Jan

You know that car, when it appeared in the BMW Car article, was my inspiration to build my touring. I had two A4s before the touring and always wanted a touring, too. Saw that article and said "Of course, combine the two." And then the inspriation shows up in my own backyard......

Guest Anonymous

Hey Josh,,, triple carb Alpina air box for sale on the csr web site. Don't know that you are even interested, just thought I'd point it out. Best, Peter.

Hey Josh,,, triple carb Alpina air box for sale on the csr web site. Don't know that you are even interested, just thought I'd point it out. Best, Peter.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Since I already have two of them, I probably don't need it. The CSL is anxiously waiting for it's webers and Alpina airbox. Bye-bye D-Jet!

EDIT: I checked it out and he tried eBay first but didn't meet reserve. There has been a run of them on eBay in the past six months. I bought the first two, passed on this one.

I think I have an Alpina problem.....

Small world. Hope that I didn't spoil your project. I don't think that I even knew you until last year's show. By the way I was wondering if I could ask you a question; what cam are you using with your A4 set up?

My Touring was set up for top-end driving (Autobahn) I think. I like to get it to start and run better. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jan

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago.

There was a fella selling front air dams similar to the one I have on my car. He used a pic of my car in his auction.

Oh well. He never claimed anything that I could call him on - Just that the pic was 'representative' of what the product would be.

:(

Kevin

Seattle

1970 2800CS - 1985 728i - 2001 E38

Small world. Hope that I didn't spoil your project. I don't think that I even knew you until last year's show. By the way I was wondering if I could ask you a question; what cam are you using with your A4 set up?

My Touring was set up for top-end driving (Autobahn) I think. I like to get it to start and run better. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jan

The motor has a schrick 304, JE pistons (10.5:1) and an S14 crank. It isn't too spunky under 3k, but comes alive above that really starts to go at 4.5k. Since it's still in break-in, I haven't taken it above 5.5 or 6k, but it will be ready soon.

If I recall the BMW Car article correctly, your car was built with a BMW 300 degree Motorsport cam???? If you want more low-end, go with a 292.

Spoil my project? No. It was ironic and my touirng is not as unique, in a more immediate sense. But, hell, I'm happy to have so many nice 02s around here and that one is pretty special. Mine will always be special to me, since I (re)built it my garage (with a little help from my 5 year-old son when installing the tranny).

I assume yours will be at Palo Alto this year. It will be cool to have them sitting next to each other.......

Wow, that is something that I have not seen done during my ebay years.

Thanks for sharing it Josh.

Well, I was contemplating on selling but every time I see a picture of it I change my mind.

Best regards

Jan

Well Jan, If you ever change your mind, please make me your first call. Tim Jones

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

P.S., how do I get the link to have words other than the actual link?

Thank esty cuz she showed me just the other day....

So you do like so:

post-377-13667573018705_thumb.jpg

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Thank you very much Josh. Will see what I'll do. Perhaps we can hook up one of these days.

You are defenetly right about all the nice 02's that are around us. Each has something different and unique that makes it special. I really love the 02 community.

For sure let's try to park them together. I wonder how many tourings are going to be there this year.

Regards

Jan