• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72? Touring on e-Bay

Harv

Is it just me or do Tourings sit a wee bit "high" in the front? Maybe it's an optical illusion, but every one I look at seems to sit too high in the front.

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Guest Anonymous

My touring 72 can stock with some sort of gas presure shock in the rear and progressive springs? I could really load it and she would remain level .

I would say the rear is low

I emailed to ask why the late style nose and for the VIN. Evan did respond quickly stating he did not know the history of the car or why the nose panel was a later style. The VIN he supplied is 3352327 which is a "Model 71" car from April 71 to August 73. Can't find my other McCartney book at the moment to narrow down the production date even more. If I weren't so anal...but I can't get past the nose panel. I would be tempted. Would love to have a Touring.

Sam Adams

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

Car was probably built late '71.

This Touring was ebayed back in Sept last year.

I think the seats (interior) have seen more than 43k miles.

Not unusual for a Euro early car to have a "late" nose. The early nose panels were NLA for a long time, hence why so many early Cabrios, Tourings & Saloons in Europe that met with rust or an immovable object ended up with "late" fronts.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Is it just me or do Tourings sit a wee bit "high" in the front? Maybe it's an optical illusion, but every one I look at seems to sit too high in the front.

John

Yeah, they do all seem to sit a little high in the front. I don't know why. They look even higher when they have the stock tires and steel wheels on the front. Mine seemed to level off a bit when I put slightly wider tires and Ronals on it. I think lower roof and slanted back also make the front appear higher. The standard 02 has a level roof and decklid. That is the 02 image we are used to. They always look higher when you photograph them from the front. They look lower in the front if you photograph them from the rear.

ronal009.jpg

love Tourings. hope to have one some day. there is a guy here in Cincinnati who has a nice roundie.

All touring are "roundies" even the later models, and their tailights are larger than the regular 02 round tailights. (just some "Touring trivia") touringpics006avatar.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

This car is 100% rust free, all original including Sahara paint in good shape. Factory air and rare early Recaros. This is a low milage car, that has been in storage since 1984, and saw the first light of day (in 23 years)last Sunday. I haven't even tried to start it yet. Appears to need little to nothing other than a few new fluids. I am taking offers. Pics to follow.

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication