• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Chamonix or Polaris come with all black interiors?

RayC911

My '69 Chamonix was blue, but it took a few weeks to figure that out. Looks blue in the sun, but hey, I was in Michigan in the Fall of 1972...not much sun...

My '74tii Polaris has black interior. Looks original.

AFIK, the tii models more often came in black on the Chamonix or Polaris or Fjord cars than the more common, non-tii models.

In the midwest "back in the day," you couldn't "order" an interior/exterior color combination from the factory -- you got whatever they sent to the dealer. I can recall at least one instance where the new car buyer insisted that the interior color be "changed" to black. So there were a few "dealer-swapped" interior changes.

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

sales literature listed black. Story goes they had a lot of blue interior material left from the NK cars so started making blue 2002 interiors to use it up. Only a story, not confirmed from the factory, but it is kinda odd that the catalog would state something different from what was delivered.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite