• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have info about this $8500 70 02 in LA?.PLz Help

mtriple

if Bristol was the original color for this car. Never seen a Bristol 2002, and it wasn't a catalogued color for USA 2002s.

Looks nice, but at that price it should be near perfect...no rust, bondo or non-original mods that show...make sure the engine and chassis numbers match too.

I'm sure others will chime in on this one too...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

The stickers look legit from the picture (aging and all + vin on sticker should match engine block). When I go tomorrow (IT BETTER MATCHES) I'll definately keep an eye open for that one.

Is there a way when I see the car that I can scope for fake stickers?

The seller said he does have all proper documentation. So we'll see.

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

I am meeting the seller tomorrow to see this car. He lives a few minutes away from my house http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/263275263.html If all goes well I'll do the usual compression/leak down.

If anyone can give me heads up I would really appreciate it. Its a bit pricey, but so far it looks good.

Thanks in advance

That car was on Craigslist back in Jun for $7950. Assume it's the same Seller as they are the same pics.

My first '02 was Bristol. Great colour even if it is descrbed as shiny primer!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I was/am interested in this car but something else came up recently preventing me from buying it.

Beautiful and clean early example. Yes, it is an original rare Bristol. I checked the VIN with MT already and it is the real deal. Don't have the email right now but I can find it for you if you want.

Seems very clean in and out. Body looks straight. Engine bay and trunk are not detailed like the interior and exterior but it seems to be very clean and original. Plus, it has some rare period correct extras you don't see anymore like a Delta Mark Ten capacitive discharge ignition unit and I think it even has a bypass oil filter. Attached is a pic of that car's engine bay.

Seller seems nice but not very informed about the car and provided little details. It's in Pomona CA so you could have Ben Miller give it an inspection at 2002AD which is in Pomona. That's what I was going to do. If the inspection comes through ok with rust, compression, etc. I'd say you would have a very nice, clean and rare colored 02 on your hands... of course, if you live nearby you can check it out yourself but so far everything I know about this car checks out. Subtle upgrades were done during its life such as the dash has been changed from a later model, etc.

025.jpg

I was/am interested in this car but something else came up recently preventing me from buying it.

Beautiful and clean early example. Yes, it is an original rare Bristol. I checked the VIN with MT already and it is the real deal. Don't have the email right now but I can find it for you if you want.

Seems very clean in and out. Body looks straight. Engine bay and trunk are not detailed like the interior and exterior but it seems to be very clean and original. Plus, it has some rare period correct extras you don't see anymore like a Delta Mark Ten capacitive discharge ignition unit and I think it even has a bypass oil filter. Attached is a pic of that car's engine bay.

Seller seems nice but not very informed about the car and provided little details. It's in Pomona CA so you could have Ben Miller give it an inspection at 2002AD which is in Pomona. That's what I was going to do. If the inspection comes through ok with rust, compression, etc. I'd say you would have a very nice, clean and rare colored 02 on your hands... of course, if you live nearby you can check it out yourself but so far everything I know about this car checks out. Subtle upgrades were done during its life such as the dash has been changed from a later model, etc.

025.jpg

Mars,

I appreciate your reply as nowadays you do not know what you are getting unless you do some real search and of course a good inspection to follow.

I am a bit relieved to hear such comforting news from you. Although I hate to grab something that you have your eyes on :) If all goes well whenever you are in LA you can come by and take her for a spin I tell you

that!

The car is now located in Sylmar CA which is a lot closer than Pomona to my house. Just by any chance was the owners name Eddie? Just making sure its the same owner since he mentioned yesterday that he owned the car for the past 5 years. If so, then he must have moved recently may be?

I intend to go check out the car in person tomorrow with the help of John Cappocia (a great gentleman and classy guy here on the forum) along with the compression tester and wide open eyes.

If you have a chance, please do email me the MT response to mthreez at gmail.com Thank you very much for your help!

I'll keep you all posted. If all goes well I'll drop the cash tomorrow and FINALLY SIT DOWN AND RELAX FROM THAT CRAZY SEARCH!

Have a great weekend.

Hamada

Yes, Eddie Ahmadie. I only knew of the general geographic location - that it was in Pomona area. Don't know if he's moved or not. He may have always been where you are saying.

Also, I am forwarding you the email from MT. I love this car as I love rare colors and I think Bristol is beautiful but don't worry, you aren't stealing it from me. I can't get it right now :(

Just give it a real good look over, make sure no mechanical issues or rust are there and you are good to go. Take it out for a good drive on the highway. Test for shimmys/shakes and test for any kind of smoke both on startup and on the overrun. Maybe there are some other handy "buying" tips you may want to look at in the "buying guide" here on the FAQ. Go to the History and Reference section and pull up an old article I did years ago although it sounds like you have a good buddy to help you out. Also, bring a flashlight and bring a magnet with you to test out rockers, lower rear quarters, etc. That way you know if there is any bondo...

Mars,

Thank you so much for your help and not being bitter about it. It shows the true enthusiast in you so I salute you for that.

I am very excited about this and I tell ya I couldn't sleep well last night thinking about everything that was covered so far.

Have a great day and I'll keep you posted.

Hamada