• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

most economical way to ship an LSD

Armond

dhl or fed ex ground to a business address if possible

you can use one of those cheap rubbermaid containers in the proper size from home depot or get a beefy cardboard box and line it with some 1 inch pine or scrap lumber. cut up your wifes end table and make something

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

thread jack--- armond, i sent you an email stating i left my cell phone in my wifes car. i am a cheap bastard and i dont have long distance service on my home phone. i only use my cell for long distance so this is the reason i havent called you today. evidently you cant open email at work????

call me at home if you need to speak 952 476 6607. if the butler answers just ask him to page me

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I need opinions on how to package and ship an LSD to SOCAL. Which carrier should I use.

I shipped a LSD via Fed Ex ground on 12/20. It weighed exactly 66.55lbs.

EDIT: You did ask for cost didn't you??

Cost = $46.86 + tax

Cost from zip code 02129 to Dave Varco in CA somewhere. I used a milk crate and a 5-gallon bucket. Cut the 5-gallon bucket down to the height of the milk crate, put the DRAINED LSD inside the milk crate and put the bucket over it. wire tie the bucket in the milk crate. Works great - only somehow FedEx found a way to eff it all up. LSD arrived in a new box without the milk crate & without the bucket.

MAKE SURE THAT THEY WRITE THE INSURED AMOUNT ON THE GROUND BILL AND THE RECEIPT. I had no idea but I guess that all stated values will appear on the receipt. No stated value they default to $100...

The milk crate fit nicely into a FedEx 20x20x20 standard box...

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Years ago, I shipped some seats and wheels via Greyhound bus. Worked out well. Just goes in with the luggage. Had to go to the nearest Greyhound station for the pick-up, but it was right near my office, so was no problem. It was really cheap as I recall. I don't even know if they still do it, but it might be worth checking out.

Noel

I too shipped a differential to colorado from Georgia via ups ground. I used a white plastic bucket, filled with shredded paper. I put the diff in a plastic bag, set it into the shredded stuff, stuffed more shredded stuff around it, and then covered it in newspaper. I then placed the lid on the bucket, drilled holes through the lid and the bucket, and zip tied everything together, about 10 in all.

It weighed 57 lbs and cost $32.

Bring it to my warehouse and I'll send it Golden State Overnight. Based on weight, it will be like 20bucks and I have packaging you can use- dirtbag!

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793